Some Superliner Pics.

Go to solution Solved by PC68,

The company I work for runs 3 Superliner tri axles. The 1989 has a 350 with a Mack 12 speed ,the 1990 is a V-8 With a Mack 12 speed and the one I drive is a 1991 has a 400 with a 8 speed road ranger. There is a picture of the one I drive in the NY construction truck thread. , The 3 trucks are identical in appearance red with silver bodies . I will get a new set of pictures tomorrow and post . My boss also has 5 other Superliners early 80 s & late 70s that no longer pull dump trailers and are setup for sanding. It's a shame when I first started here the yard was only Mack. Now with the exception of a 2005 Granite and the Superliners all the tractors and tri axles are KW and Petes

The 12 speed is still my favourite trans.

Not trying to come off Cocky, more of a laughing to myself when typing because of a recent event with Staxx wanting to use a RW cab on his RD and realizing it was gonna be A LOT of work to swap that corner. I definitely dont know all things Mack but I learn something new about them every time I check in here. I have worked on some buses in the driveway for sure, and a couple shops, and some gravel parking lots in some yards even(man Im glad I dont mess with buses anymore). I hope I can help some folks with the stuff I do know and if I dont know it ill try to figure it out and help where and when I can, and if I get curious about something Ill post a question, I like the fact that BMT seems to be a positive place for the most part, obviously you cant see sarcasm on the screen so it can be a little tricky at times but hey such is the way of the computer. I was gone from BMT a while , partly not wanting to be reminded of the 84 after I sold it and partly overseas, as far as posting all day goes, this is the only thing keeping me from sleeping on the job some days, LOL! I still dont know if I like a smart phone but it gives me something to do sitting in the middle of nowhere on the side of the tracks waiting on a machine to get done so I can do my thing. Sad to hear about selling the RD though I think if I went back to DUmp trucking and I couldnt find an RW I would probably try to find a nice RD, I like a Granite but the R cab just fits me like an old shoe I guess, if I had a granite, and an RD outside I would probably take the RD 9 times out of 10 but as a friend has said you cant get a driver to stay in an RD when there are newer trucks around.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

The only Superliner I managed to get a picture of at Macungie..................................................Mark

Nice one though! Something about the look of the spokes on those older trucks just makes em look mean.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I agree I still like the RD cab even though the knee with the window crank and air conditioner box but still it's cozy.

Cheers, Rob

Ha, I used to take the window crank handles off and put em back on so that they were forward or up with the window down and cracked to the bottom of my vent visors, I got tired of the bruise in the shape of the little knob on the handle in the side of my knee cap! LOL!

Ha, I used to take the window crank handles off and put em back on so that they were forward or up with the window down and cracked to the bottom of my vent visors, I got tired of the bruise in the shape of the little knob on the handle in the side of my knee cap! LOL!

Yea we would do that too especially if we were working on the doors. We always seemed to have to keep readjusting the hinges on those. You always wondered why your knees ached a the end of the day. :)

Dickson City PA,,,,,,,,For sale $15,000 E6 12 spd

2013-06-19_16-01-02_80.jpg

Plymouth PA

2013-06-19_15-04-23_821.jpg

You got a phone number or email address for the superliner Tri axle?

You got a phone number or email address for the superliner Tri axle?

Yes I have the number,,,,,this truck is not posted publicly for sale but when you call ask for Colin Jackson 570-489-8211

1989 RW 713 vin #1M2AY10C8KM004642 I think

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Thanks for the info, I'll try to get with him tomorrow.

Spied what's left of this Superliner wrecker on Thursday:

I'll try to get better pictures if I get back that way again.

Today was that day:

mwsuper.png

There was also a DM cab at the same place:

mwdmcab.png

• Like 1

Terry

Julian, PA

looks like a decent cab

From what I could see of it, it looked OK - at least on top. It's bee, snake, and poison ivy season now so I stayed in my truck. :D

Where is that! I need that fuel tank!

It's in State College. If I get a chance to track down the owner of the property, I'll see what the story is. It might not even be his. :idunno:

Terry

Julian, PA

Been trying to take a photo of this Liner for several years,in Nashville, it just would not stay still for long. Found it about 20 miles north of the city at work while wrecking an old school. It said Modern Day Wrecking on the doors, Nashville, TN. I don't have a clue to what year etc. etc.

mike

post-900-0-54343900-1373370373_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Been trying to take a photo of this Liner for several years,in Nashville, it just would not stay still for long. Found it about 20 miles north of the city at work while wrecking an old school. It said Modern Day Wrecking on the doors, Nashville, TN. I don't have a clue to what year etc. etc.

mike

Superliner I with the round headlights.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Mike I think that's the one I tried to buy several years ago, if so its an 84 with a Cummins in it.

Mike I think that's the one I tried to buy several years ago, if so its an 84 with a Cummins in it.

I believe you did very well on your homework. Sometimes it takes alittle more patience, searching. These guys have another newer Mack but I fail to recall what model.

mike