Some Superliner Pics.

Go to solution Solved by PC68,

I cannot remember ever seeing a Superliner with an external air cleaner only on the right like Gary Mahans'?? There was a green Superdog at Yakima that was owned by the former Mack dealer in British Columbia, Canada and it was a beauty! I have not seen any pictures of it from the threads that covered Yakima.

Here is a friends original owner '91 with factory single RH external air cleaner. Bought new from Trenton Mack.post-445-0-54677600-1371859856_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Here's a single breather/stack truck.

post-5240-0-00791700-1371947180_thumb.jp

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I cannot remember ever seeing a Superliner with an external air cleaner only on the right like Gary Mahans'?? There was a green Superdog at Yakima that was owned by the former Mack dealer in British Columbia, Canada and it was a beauty! I have not seen any pictures of it from the threads that covered Yakima.

Was told this ,,,

Mack had Some complaints with vendor warranty claims with the air induction location on the RW (dirty hot air)

I believe 1990 they made it standard ,,Right outside air cleaner with vendor engine.

But in 1992 a dealer here ordered a stock RW713 Mack E7 350 using the same specs they used for years

and it came with a right side air cleaner ,,,Yes he checked his specs called Mack they said that is the way

they come now,,,,,,,,,I feel Mack ran out of RW smooth cabs in 93 and used RD face lift cabs for the last year

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Was told this ,,,

Mack had Some complaints with vendor warranty claims with the air induction location on the RW (dirty hot air)

I believe 1990 they made it standard ,,Right outside air cleaner with vendor engine.

But in 1992 a dealer here ordered a stock RW713 Mack E7 350 using the same specs they used for years

and it came with a right side air cleaner ,,,Yes he checked his specs called Mack they said that is the way

they come now,,,,,,,,,I feel Mack ran out of RW smooth cabs in 93 and used RD face lift cabs for the last year

HUH? The RW and RD cabs are not the same, the breather location on the RD has the intake pipe going in thru a notch in the firewall and the hood, the RW came in thru a hood only notch the only cab difference was the added brackets on the inside of the kickpanel to hold the breather brackets.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Was told this ,,,

I heard that too somewhere.

Matt

HUH? The RW and RD cabs are not the same, the breather location on the RD has the intake pipe going in thru a notch in the firewall and the hood, the RW came in thru a hood only notch the only cab difference was the added brackets on the inside of the kickpanel to hold the breather brackets.

Thanks 84superdog,,,,,,,Even after owning Rd's I never took notice of the right side cowl was still notched.

I purchased one from dealer stock in 95 to fill a contract. Of-course I noticed the strait cowl on the driver side and must have assumed this was where the RW cab was to live on,,,,When the contract was over I sold the 95 Because I really didn't like the harsh ride,,,,,,The smaller air bags under the RD,,,,,Didn't compare to the RW ride quality I had.

On a side note,,,,,,,,,,,When you post and use words like HUH and REALLY,,,,,,,You seem to come

across as Cocky and since you spend most of your day posting here.......I would hate to have new members think you are some truck God, but you do take the time to search old post to find the answer

for the member's..... I have been on Barry's site 14 years and remember the first time you signed in with

your 84 RW with many questions then you disappeared and came back in 2010 and you jumped in the

chair that other BMT members left empty when they burn out from being a post whore

• Like 1

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Thanks 84superdog,,,,,,,Even after owning Rd's I never took notice of the right side cowl was still notched.

I purchased one from dealer stock in 95 to fill a contract. Of-course I noticed the strait cowl on the driver side and must have assumed this was where the RW cab was to live on,,,,When the contract was over I sold the 95 Because I really didn't like the harsh ride,,,,,,The smaller air bags under the RD,,,,,Didn't compare to the RW ride quality I had.

On a side note,,,,,,,,,,,When you post and use words like HUH and REALLY,,,,,,,You seem to come

across as Cocky and since you spend most of your day posting here.......I would hate to have new members think you are some truck God, but you do take the time to search old post to find the answer

for the member's..... I have been on Barry's site 14 years and remember the first time you signed in with

your 84 RW with many questions then you disappeared and came back in 2010 and you jumped in the

chair that other BMT members left empty when they burn out from being a post whore

Thanks for this. Working on buses in your driveway does not make you an expert in all things Mack and even if it did the purpose of this forum is to help other members by sharing knowledge, not to try and prove you know more than someone else.

The company I work for runs 3 Superliner tri axles. The 1989 has a 350 with a Mack 12 speed ,the 1990 is a V-8 With a Mack 12 speed and the one I drive is a 1991 has a 400 with a 8 speed road ranger. There is a picture of the one I drive in the NY construction truck thread. , The 3 trucks are identical in appearance red with silver bodies . I will get a new set of pictures tomorrow and post . My boss also has 5 other Superliners early 80 s & late 70s that no longer pull dump trailers and are setup for sanding. It's a shame when I first started here the yard was only Mack. Now with the exception of a 2005 Granite and the Superliners all the tractors and tri axles are KW and Petes

Local 282 Union Service