Pictures of the Russian South

Vladislav

Wow, that's funny!

Thank you :twothumbsup:

Although it's easier to me to read the second section.

Wonder what would you read when translate it with a programm back into English.

You did wrong putting the second half. It might be more and more funny :)

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

LOL - I thought I was trying to show off - lol. This is the back translation:

Vlad great pictures. Your country is interesting to see. I also did not know the camels were in Russia and lived in the cold. Those houses look beat Forums Detriot. Please post photos when you get the chance. Your country is not something that we will see a lot and carefully, to see the small villages that you usually do not see watching TV.

Oo! The translation is good enough.

English has less variations of words so when you translate Russian words direct you have a result close to be correct.

Of course I could understand everything but words corresponded to each other not good. Russian language to use is a real disaster. We have to study it 8 years for 1 lesson each day. So don't take it serious. You interested in and it was nice.

I just read somewhere about languistical game when a group seats around a table and gives a frase from one to the next with translating and back translating each time. The last one related the result with the original.

I am actually learning German right now. I have lots of family who speak it and I am always lost at family gatherings.

I grew up in that house! all four of my grandparents were "old school" German,spoke it when they did'nt want us to know what they were saying! i get most of it,but wish i too had a better understanding of it.....................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Ich denke das ist ein gutes ferfahren ferschiedene hoch interessante Mack LKW besprechen und "nach verkauf" informieren.

Aber unsere forum freunde kann dieser schreib mannere mit dem machine ubersetzen aus.

Ich denke das ist ein gutes ferfahren ferschiedene hoch interessante Mack LKW besprechen und "nach verkauf" informieren.

Aber unsere forum freunde kann dieser schreib mannere mit dem machine ubersetzen aus.

WTF! :idunno:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Glad to know you like it.

It was a happy chance to meet my friend there.

I visited that city once before and with a car but didn't note and see so many interesting.

He was a real "aborigen" groving there (he's in Moscow for last 20 years I know him).

When he met me in airport he told "I rented an appt. for you in some special old house you'd like to see".

And he sorried too much that those old buildings going off with constructing new ones of concrete and glass in the same places with no general style and great tasteless.

Some of old houses are just burned off from time to time probably specially for acceleration of wasting, you can see it on pics.

So that was a beautiful chance for me to see it now when it all still exists and for my friend to tell many stories about what he really love.

Starting to make pictures I thought it would be good to put them all here for a show. Because you are all guys shure like everything ancient and uncommon.

I also was surprized too much seeing camels on a snow surround so we made a turn over to get them photo fixed.

Here's a shot of the Kremlin from my previous summer trip.

That looks like the churches in the Pittsburgh area.There are a lot of Polish,Slovak,Czechoslovakian,Lativan,Ukrainian,and Lithuanian (ME-50%) decendants in the around here.

post-262-0-08107800-1358783170_thumb.jpg

post-262-0-05123900-1358783186_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you.

Neat looking churches. All that nations you noted relate to Katholic religion that is a bit different from what is most usual in Russia. So you can note it as a difference of church architecture.

I was in Lithuania this past summer and one more previous year.

Like Baltic sea and pine forests. And the fact that most people there speaking Russian :)

I would like to visit the region...maybe one day! The blue dome church is a Holy Virgin Russian Orthodox church whereas the Gold LEaf domed church is the St. Peter and Paul Ukrainian Orthodox. My family belongs to the catholic church of poles,German,Irish,Italian, and lithuanian dioceses. My great grandmother, grandmother, and great aunt on my dads side were from Czechoslovakia. They were Russian orthodox. The immigrated to the US in 1919 and left the remaining members of the family behind in the "old country". Consequently the remaining family were slaughtered by the nazis during WWII. My dad found all this out in the 1960s while serving in a Nike missile outfit in the US Army. To get the clearance the military background checked his Russian decent. It's pretty wild that at the height of the cold war info like that could be found in the soviet union.

That looks like the churches in the Pittsburgh area.There are a lot of Polish,Slovak,Czechoslovakian,Lativan,Ukrainian,and Lithuanian (ME-50%) decendants in the around here.

Beautiful churches! remind me of the ones used in the movie "The Deer Hunter" filmed around Pittsburgh area i think...............................................Mark

• Like 1

Deer hunter is a classic! I think the churches were filmed in Cleveland or mingo junction. I always like the opening scene with the cabover freightliner coming down the hill to mill and flames coming out of the stacks.

That is a great movie! i like when they try to squeeze that caddy past the 361 Brockway!...........................................Mark

I would like to visit the region...maybe one day! The blue dome church is a Holy Virgin Russian Orthodox church whereas the Gold LEaf domed church is the St. Peter and Paul Ukrainian Orthodox. My family belongs to the catholic church of poles,German,Irish,Italian, and lithuanian dioceses. My great grandmother, grandmother, and great aunt on my dads side were from Czechoslovakia. They were Russian orthodox. The immigrated to the US in 1919 and left the remaining members of the family behind in the "old country". Consequently the remaining family were slaughtered by the nazis during WWII. My dad found all this out in the 1960s while serving in a Nike missile outfit in the US Army. To get the clearance the military background checked his Russian decent. It's pretty wild that at the height of the cold war info like that could be found in the soviet union.

Thank you for the story, too interesting.

Sorry about the remaining family.

It's been years since I've seen that movie, long before I'd heard of Clairton.

Ya think that Freightliner had a 220 Cummins?

that's the only thing i've understood in the last several posts.

WTF?!

Jim

• 4 weeks later...