Okay, it looks "1/2 business" :)

We have 3 drivers that came to Pitt Ohio after falling victim to the "St Valentines Day Massacre". One of them still gets red in the face when talking about it. He said APA stood for Always Please Arthur.

Any of those guys come from Philly? if so maybe they remember this truck and driver,this guy was legendary!................................Mark

post-5836-0-90488200-1357866272.jpg

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

There's a member on Hank's that restored 2 of Lane's trucks. They are in this video beginning at 2:35. He has other videos taken from inside the cab.

Cliff Lane hand-made all those wooden signs on the nose of his trailers,i can't remember exactly what they meant,but really nice work!............................Mark

that would be T Fiore on the south bound side of 95 just before ex 14

BULLHUSK

He still have that old Allied Van Lines single axle moving van sitting on the top of the pile? geez,that things been there forever!..................................................Mark

Any of those guys come from Philly? if so maybe they remember this truck and driver,this guy was legendary!................................Mark

Spiegel Trucking in Harrison NJ Had 10 of those that he bought from APA in No Bergen, I have driven those many many times, as I worked part time for Izzy when things were slow at Colonial S&S. I think they were 230 Cummins with 10 speed Fullers, but the think about those trucks, thay had the biggest rears I have ever seen in a single axle!! We would go over to Hartz Mountain in Harrison and load dog chains (heavy) 22 tons and bring them down to south central NJ I can't think of the name?? I think it was Pennsauken?They were good trucks as long as you wern't bobtailin!!

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

He still have that old Allied Van Lines single axle moving van sitting on the top of the pile? geez,that things been there forever!..................................................Mark

I don't know? But last time I went by (about a week ago) I see that pile of recycle was about 1/3 of what it used to be! I'll check on the AVL next time I go by

BULLHUSK

Yup that's the one I had seen up at macungie. I actually lived in Holmdel and used to see those things all the time.

• Like 1

They all from the Washington,PA terminal which woukd serve the Pittsburgh area. There was another driver that is now retired form our East Windsor, NJ terminal, but I believe he worked in North Bergen.

Jim