I've seen that picture. Poor thing. Thanks for posting though.

I took a few pictures of it that day..so rare to see one, this one never leaves the yard..just moves trailers around..

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

LOve that steel nose R of Fiores . Did he have just that one or more like that ? I bet that thing sounded great thru those open pipes
LOve that steel nose R of Fiores . Did he have just that one or more like that ? I bet that thing sounded great thru those open pipes

he only had one like that

I like the R tractors with tank trailers. I find it interesting that fire companies actually used "semis".

Did they have a manual or automatic transmission?

I want to say it was a 5 speed Ken..

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

Also looks like a spark arrestor on the top of stack which would make sense.

Jim

that is actually an adapter for the Nederman system . a hose attaches to the adapter on the stack and captures the exhaust when the truck is started, Its on a runner that follows the truck out the door and falls off as the truck exits quarters. I am not sure why the hose cant just hook on to the regular stack

Local 282 Union Service

W.J. Casey Trucking and Rigging Co. Inc. Union,NJ.......................................................Mark

Classic look of the beast known as Animal Crackers. Later on, after this photo was taken the truck was refitted with Rockwell planetary drive axles and grew to just over 11' wide at the rear.

Casey ran other trucks, long since gone, such as a huge KW 849, a LMSW, F model, CL-713 and so on. Today the fleet, last i knew was all KW, T-800W tilt hoods.

Rick

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

Mark

I am glad to see Campbells is still in business. 20-25 years ago when I drove for Oliver Trucking pulling Records out of CBS in Pitman we used them as a cartage agent. Very nice people to deal with, Some of the family lived on the same street as the terminal and with a phone call you could load/unload 24/7.

Brocky

• Like 1

Brocky

that is actually an adapter for the Nederman system . a hose attaches to the adapter on the stack and captures the exhaust when the truck is started, Its on a runner that follows the truck out the door and falls off as the truck exits quarters. I am not sure why the hose cant just hook on to the regular stack

Thanks Mackman. I hadn't thought about that system.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Mark

I am glad to see Campbells is still in business. 20-25 years ago when I drove for Oliver Trucking pulling Records out of CBS in Pitman we used them as a cartage agent. Very nice people to deal with, Some of the family lived on the same street as the terminal and with a phone call you could load/unload 24/7.

Brocky

I always heard that they were good people to deal with,i know a lot of their drivers frequent my in-laws restaurant which is right down the road. CBS? man that brings back memeories! when i first started trucking,i used to load records there that usually went to Nashville,TN,and a load of pre-printed sleeves back to Pitman!.......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.