• 2 months later...

Going back to page one, I remember a couple of B models that ran clay out of the quarry in Elm over to the brick factory over on rt. 561 in Winslow by the rr tracks. Can't think for the life of me the name on them, that was in the late 60's. I used to drive one of Winzingers DM-800, it was a 10 wheeler, love that long nose. He later moved me into an R model tri-axle with a tub body. I missed the DM. Thanks for starting this thread Mark, brought back a lot of memories in S.J. :)

• Like 1

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the BUG!!!

Ya the past couple years have just so many things going on not to mention some health issues and Big Red sitting warm and dry I just been putting things off. Now my daughter wants to help me get things going again so I'm getting back on track. Hope to check out some shows this year and get her ready for a paint job by the end of summer. The wife got me this laptop so that makes it easier to get on the web.Thanks for asking mark.

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the BUG!!!

On the salt last week for the state.

Rob

Sharp Truck. I just noticed the lever for the gate. I don't think I' ve ever seen another truck this new with a manual latch. Is this a Bristol Donald thing or personal preference?

• Like 1

The truck had a manual gate on it when my boss bought it. I have no issue with the manual gate. Less problems. Air gates on Bristol Donalds always break the linkage at some point. At least all the ones I ever drove. He wants to convert it I told him to concentrate on other things. The truck's coming along. Put the Belmor vent visors on and getting ready to set up the CB.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted and thought I'd again ask if anyone remembers or has pictures of a couple of long ago Trenton, NJ trucking companies. Are their any pics of HERMS Trucking, H.M.Royal or L.J.Kennedy available? All were Mack truck fleets back in the 1960's and 1970's. I was hoping someone remembers these companies and their bulldogs. I drove A40, B61, F600 and R685's for H.M.Royal, B61, B67, B75, R685,U685 and F600 for Herms and U685 for L.J.Kennedy and can't find any of my old pics anywhere. Thanks in advance for any help.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if because I don't own a Mack but just drove them all my life that no one replies to my posts about some long ago Trenton trucking companies that were all Mack? I was hoping that someone out there had some pictures or memories of seeing H.M.Royal, Inc. or HERMS Trucking or L.J.Kennedy around the Trenton area. I see that this site isn't visited that often so maybe that is why there are no responses to my questions. Thanks anyone and everyone for any help about these companies as I am just remembering my past 45 year career after retiring to sunny Florida. Have a great day and be safe out there. Bulldogs rule!!!

I was wondering if because I don't own a Mack but just drove them all my life that no one replies to my posts about some long ago Trenton trucking companies that were all Mack? I was hoping that someone out there had some pictures or memories of seeing H.M.Royal, Inc. or HERMS Trucking or L.J.Kennedy around the Trenton area. I see that this site isn't visited that often so maybe that is why there are no responses to my questions. Thanks anyone and everyone for any help about these companies as I am just remembering my past 45 year career after retiring to sunny Florida. Have a great day and be safe out there. Bulldogs rule!!!

Navy sorry that you haven't heard any replies to your questions . I am a NY sand and gravel driver so I'm sorry I can't help you with any of those companies. You will find the people on this site to be very helpful with knowledge and pictures on all phases of trucking . Welcome aboard

Local 282 Union Service

Thanks Mackman 1965,

I'm not very good at posting things on the computer and after reading the various posts from other Bulldog people I thought that I'd try and see if anyone knew of my previous companies. Being retired and really bored I was hoping to find someone from my area that might have any info on these various employers of mine. I appreciate the words of encouragement and hope that someone does remember them or have some pictures. I might be going offline soon if my computer dies before I get a replacement. Have a great Sunday.

Hi J Hancock,

I thank you for the response and pictures of L.J.Kennedy. I had a choice when I drove for them between an older R model with a 237 Maxidyne or a U with a 300 Maxidyne so I chose the 300 for the power difference. I drove out of the Florence, NJ terminal but didn't stay very long because of differences with dispatch and the driving laws. Oh well they were still a fairly decent company back then. Thanks for the link and update.

Edited by navypoppop

Maybe you have seen this already. There are a couple of R models pictured scrolling down. Sorry, don't have any further info.

http://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?topic=56328.0

I remember seeing those LJ Kennedy Macks when I was a kid and they were still using that paint scheme when I was working construction at Battery Park and WTC 7 in the mid-80's. They also had some F models in those colors.

Jim

I want to thank J. Hancock again for the L.J.Kennedy pics. They really bring back memories. Now I hope someone reading this post knows of any pics or anyone that drove for H.M.Royal or Herms Trucking both from Trenton, N.J.. I am trying to locate some pics from the past on both carriers. H.M.Royal is still in business but doesn't have any trucks and Herms went bankrupt around 1980 or so. I hope someone that views these posts can locate some pics. Thanks for all the help .

I want to thank J. Hancock again for the L.J.Kennedy pics. They really bring back memories. Now I hope someone reading this post knows of any pics or anyone that drove for H.M.Royal or Herms Trucking both from Trenton, N.J.. I am trying to locate some pics from the past on both carriers. H.M.Royal is still in business but doesn't have any trucks and Herms went bankrupt around 1980 or so. I hope someone that views these posts can locate some pics. Thanks for all the help .

Hi navy

I vaguely remember the Herms name as a kid.

Most of the truckers that pulled out of Trenton could have pulled a wide variety of loads from any of the following:

Congoleum, American-Standard, Hill Refrigeration, Roebling Steel (CF&I), Homasote, Thermoid, Stokes and Goodall Rubber, etc.

Trenton was a major industrial hub and their clay and pottery factories were known throughout the globe.

A dad of a good friend of mine worked early on at Shein's Express. He would later drive a tanker for Sunoco making 2 trips a day from Willow Grove, PA to Seaside Hts, NJ until he retired.

I recall working at my first paying job and getting freight deliveries from AAA's B-Model macks well into the late '80s. Granted they were only short runs from Quakerbridge Road to Cranbury but it was still cool to see those old black and orange Macks.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)