Hey Rob! Weather was overcast all morning and lots of trucks coming in all day until the rain hit at 2:00 pm. It rained steady from there on out and they never finished the racing portion.

At 7:00 pm it started to mist and they let the monster trucks do their show as planned. Such a shame because there was a lot of nice equipment there.

Yea that happened the one year we were there where they didn't let anybody race.

• 3 weeks later...

RFCDrum is that a twin hoist on your truck? It must be I do not see a doghouse. I never used one but was told they are very stable dumping on a pitch compared to a single hoist.I never see them in my area Norheastern Pa.some of the high crowned roads we pave it would be nice.Not much worse than dumping on a steep high crowned road downhill going into a turn. Asphalt usually breaks but doing shoulder backup with modified and front of load will not break = pucker factor. Joe D.

Joe it's a triple. Most Bristol Donalds are triple piston. This truck is a foot and a half longer than number 4 and Joe wanted to go back to 58's. The ride is better and the 52's have a tendency to wear out quicker. Truck is in Hewitt NJ now at the welder and then going to South Hackensack for paint.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Not my pic but me pulling up. Paving in Lodi Friday night.

Rob

My wife grew up in Lodi. Nice little town.

I spent a lot of time picking up trucks for Penske Truck Leasing at Atlantic DD...........right next to the Bada-Bing! B)

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

This was basically right next door next to the old Roy Rogers. My aunt was Roger Penske's personal secretary back in the day when he was there.

Rob

Your aunt work in Green Hills? I went there a few times to pick up new units and the shop was so clean you could eat off of the floor. They also kept Roger's personal cars there under covers as well.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The welder put extra skins on the side panels. The bulkhead and gate are T1 but the floor and sides are not. Glenn Designs in Edison did the paint work. Yes he changed out to 12r 24.5's for the rear. The 315's on the front he is keeping they are 20 ply. They are actually more money than the 425 floats he usually runs. Pointed the tailgate too.

A B-Model from Englishtown,NJ circa 1981-2..........................................Mark

This old B-77 spent it's glory years in a CT museum that has since closed. Found this recent ad in Truck Paper.

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=5520787

Wow! That's a great shot of Ben Gagliano's truck.

It was in the Dick Guerrera / Golden Age Museum in CT for a while before they shut down. That's the only time I've seen it with the sleeper box on it. Ben was a great ambassador of the ATHS and got me involved back in 1988.

Where is it now?

post-13134-0-96886000-1419304984_thumb.j