Was driving the Granite for Joe a couple of days a week in the early Spring. This truck caught fire on the NYS Thruway before I was driving it. The plow pump inside on the passenger floor got loose and sparked resulting in melting everything rather quickly.

Rob

post-8724-0-03190200-1404047519_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-96227500-1404047531_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really? geez Jersey is LOADED with Macks,i'd guess 9 out 10 dumptrucks when i was young were Macks,tankers,heavy haul,even a lot of the freight outfits..................................................Mark

How about the garbage guys in Jersey with the MB'S and the DM 600'S !! and today try and find a MB Mack around?!! Roselli had about 100 MB 400'S with 25 yd Leach Packers ..... Zero to be found

BULLHUSK

Jim,a little of both a guess! Kramme still has a few R-Models in local service in Jersey,not very often they ever buy new trucks!..................................Mark

As much as I enjoy driving a '14 Pinnacle, a company that ran well maintained, older equipment would have an advantage over other carriers if I were job hunting. That's what attracted me to Shuster's at the time.

• Like 2

Jim

As much as I enjoy driving a '14 Pinnacle, a company that ran well maintained, older equipment would have an advantage over other carriers if I were job hunting. That's what attracted me to Shuster's at the time.

That's what we try to accomplish, problem being new and old is parts availability. Granted we try to source good used, and aftermarket parts from credible sources. There are times when those sources and the dealers will have you out 2-3 days to a week on things that seem mundane. Before you know it a truck has been down for damn near 2 weeks. Thank goodness for extra trucks.

That's what we try to accomplish, problem being new and old is parts availability. Granted we try to source good used, and aftermarket parts from credible sources. There are times when those sources and the dealers will have you out 2-3 days to a week on things that seem mundane. Before you know it a truck has been down for damn near 2 weeks. Thank goodness for extra trucks.

Yeah. I guess in a perfect world old truck parts would continue to be made long after the models are discontinued. Then again in a perfect world we would have all this emissions crap turning good trucks into bad ones.

Jim

Anybody hear of Al Pomponio from Jackson NJ?When I got my papers from the Mack museum for my R795 his name was on the order form which was odd to me as Pondish told me they bought it new.I got in contact with Al Pomponio's son and he told me his dad ordered two of them but only needed one truck when they came in(Pondish bought the other).They also bought a new DM800 that year,wonder if any pics are around???

Did the weather hold off Chuck?

Rob

Hey Rob! Weather was overcast all morning and lots of trucks coming in all day until the rain hit at 2:00 pm. It rained steady from there on out and they never finished the racing portion.

At 7:00 pm it started to mist and they let the monster trucks do their show as planned. Such a shame because there was a lot of nice equipment there.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)