what happened to A n D? they still in the business or have any B models left?i remember about 8-10 years ago they use to have B model parts and cabs on pallets and eveything around their shop. most of their B models were modified road tractors I think one was on ebay a while back and ended up I the Midwest somewhere.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

The pic Mark posted is the B he has left. Steve is just doing towing for himself. I think his shop is pretty busy. He is one of the better Mack mechanics around our area. He has a B81 not restored sitting in his yard too. He might have his rollback too hiding I can't remember.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

My brother actually told me about this one,said he found "one of those old round looking Macks that you like" its pretty much just a display,no engine or trans. he said he'll take some pictures when the weather gets better and send them to me.................................................................Mark

Company up here does that with their B model mixer but they move it every once and awhile.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

My brother actually told me about this one,said he found "one of those old round looking Macks that you like" its pretty much just a display,no engine or trans. he said he'll take some pictures when the weather gets better and send them to me.................................................................Mark

That's near Galloway. I passed it 3 times thinking I'd stop and get a pic the 4th time through. That didn't happen.

Jim

I've seen the Bilkays IH 4900 many times on 278 in Linden.

I wasn't aware of the old Yale/UR being dismantled. It was an awesome site on the NY skyline for many years right near the Javits Center.

I thought that tractor looked like an old flatnose WC26 White.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

I've seen the Bilkays IH 4900 many times on 278 in Linden.

I wasn't aware of the old Yale/UR being dismantled. It was an awesome site on the NY skyline for many years right near the Javits Center.

I thought that tractor looked like an old flatnose WC26 White.

Google Earth shows aerial views of it on 11/24/2006 and prior if you "view historical imagery". Most pics are fuzzy but there are a few good ones.

It was closer to the corner of 12th and 40th. I grew up on Long Island and even out there every kid knew of it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/07/nyregion/thecity/07truc.html?_r=0

Jim

That if anything would be his cousin Mauro Excavating from Northvale NJ. They still have a similar paint scheme on some Granite tandems and they still have one older RD with a Steelfab body on it. John Mauro sold his trucks and is working for Anthony Beites out of North Bergen.