post-1441-0-47627200-1383955324_thumb.jppost-1441-0-54035900-1383955339_thumb.jpI posted this here because Im told the truck came from New Jersey. Does anyone recognize this name on the door . Its a Brockway located in Maine . The door says "Your Friend" Barnes Const. , paving, cement work, septic tank service. Maybe someone knows how to decipher the old phone number and tell what state it is. The truck was a dump truck. Thanks, doug
  • Like 1

presently im trying to research that phone number on the door. R15- 0307 , I haven't found a website or information to figure out if that is a NJ phone number or not. DOes anyone know how to research a old number? Thanks

Dig, I did a quick google search for that contractor and came up empty-handed.

The old phone number system would have used the first two letters of the exchange.

In your case RI would stand for (RI)verside or (RI)dgewood or a host of others.

There are a few resources on the web that translate that old info but I didn't find an exchange for North Jersey or New Jersey that would fit that number.

Exchange info here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_exchange_names

My old phone number growing up in Central New Jersey in the early '60s was MErcury 4-1966.

• Like 1

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

• 4 weeks later...

Really?? We got nothing only some freezing rain. Central and South Jersey got 10 inches. 11 hours doing nothing. It;s hard doing nothing.

Rob

Try doing nothing for 2 and a half weeks ...it's down right depressing. That R model is too nice to go to the exporter. Rob what's it got 300 6 speed ? I can't believe no one would buy that around NJ.

Local 282 Union Service

The Fraley truck was just bought by Leslie for $36,000.00. 400 with 8ll. The RD is going it is a nice truck but has some frame issues needs new rails and clutch issues. He has other reasons to get rid of her. It is a 300 w/jake, 6 speed airshift heavy 44's. The truck is all new. Looks better now that pic was taken last winter. He's making money on it even with exporting her. I have to be in again at 5:30. I still have my own jobs to do the storms aren't helping me. Don't get me wrong guys doing nothing is ok but there are just so many unethical things you can do in 11 hours.

Yea Mark South got it all on these two storms. Got called at 3:20am to be in at 5:30. Never stuck on RT 17. One interesting observation no pre treating with brine so far this year. Just doubling up on salt. Breen has two trucks doing our section hammering all day. Anybody notice the interior shot? It's a black interior with carpeting. Was special ordered from Trenton Mack and the guy never took the truck. That's the 01 tandem I'm driving for plowing. We had about 3 inches on the secondary roads and lawns.

What did someone blow the nose off that RD?

That truck was my old truck when I drove for Leslie. I had it when it was still new. It is a mid 99 with the first of the Etech 350's with an 8ll, 58's, 18 front big rubber and 5:02 rears. It is totalled now. His driver a month ago drove into the back of his other Granite tandem couldn't stop. It is being exported for the rest of the parts. That is why he bought the Frahley RD. That truck has been in 3 accidents. There nis a lot of damage to that truck. I can try to get the pic from the accident and you can see more of the carnage.

These pics are cute. Same truck. I lived in Suffern at the time and our yard was down the street in Mahwah. It would take me 3 minutes to get to the yard. In that 3 minutes Leslie hooked a 5 foot chain the the 98 RD next to mine to pull jump it to start. Well needles to say I came in to this. I was working on site at Norvartis in East Hanover NJ he says to me you gotta go! I said how! He gave me three bungee cords tied down the hood and I drove it like that for two weeks until the truck could go in for the new hood. I had this truck spotless this was heartbreaking. I wouldn't do this today run a truck like that.

post-8724-0-91370800-1386726526_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-04223100-1386726563_thumb.jp