i dont know about them cat trucks seen a few here in jersey but havent heard anything good either other than they have good warranty and service dept is open 24 hrs. i was just at the mack dealer where i bought my truck they were telling me the truck has 1 year full warranty but only 6 months for towing if anything goes wrong if wanted to extend it for another 6 months it would be a couple of hundred dollars.

I just priced out buying 15 Cat or Mack triaxle dumps.They were both in the $176,000 range.If I get the contract I will most likely buying the Cat,cause they will give me 12 month lease.Mack won't,am working on getting the contract for 3-5 years instead of 1 year.

If your not gonna buy the Macks why don't you go over to Horwith Freightliner- Western Star and get a price on a truck with one of those new Detroits? I think they will meet or even beat Cats deal on a lease. Also they do a lot of dump truck work, maybe you could even get some more work as well? I have nothing to gain here as far as money goes, I would just be cautious about these new Cat trucks esp if you are under contract! A warnt. does you no good if the truck is broke

The problem with going the Freightliner path is that if the contract is going to be extended then when I'm done with them they won't be worth anything more then junk and that would be to a Freightliner dealer.I have a friend that runs about 12-15 of them and he trades them in every 3-5 years and he can only get a deal from the Freightliner dealer he deals with.That is Horwith in Allentown PA.

The problem with going the Freightliner path is that if the contract is going to be extended then when I'm done with them they won't be worth anything more then junk and that would be to a Freightliner dealer.I have a friend that runs about 12-15 of them and he trades them in every 3-5 years and he can only get a deal from the Freightliner dealer he deals with.That is Horwith in Allentown PA.

But what happens if the Cat trucks don't work out? I just don't think they have been out in the field long enough to prove themselves? Look I'm sure that you know what your doin, and so did I when I bought those Accert motors, but they just were not out there long enough to see that the light at the end of the tunnel was in fact a fright train!! I have always been given good service as well as fast return with the Detroit powered F-Liners, thats all I'm sayin Good Luck

BULLHUSK

Passed by a fire house in my old stomping grounds on the way home last week,and remembered Deepwater has two Mack CF fire trucks still in active service. thought they deserved a spot in the Jersey Macks thread,pictures coutesy of their website.and just in case anyone is wondering,Deepwater,NJ is about a half mile southeast of the Delaware Memorial Bridge................Mark

I like the pumper with the refurb.

I just priced out buying 15 Cat or Mack triaxle dumps.They were both in the $176,000 range.If I get the contract I will most likely buying the Cat,cause they will give me 12 month lease.Mack won't,am working on getting the contract for 3-5 years instead of 1 year.

Why not buy 15 good used Macks?I've got no faith in new anything,I don't care what brand,especially if it was going to be a dumptruck,who would want all the electronic/emissions headaches in the type of environment a dumptruck runs.

• Like 1

what are you going to do with these trucks that will make them junk when done?

This picture is for RFCDrum. I shot this on B & W film back in 1992-1993 at Englishtown.

-John

Cool. The truck to the outside used to be a McKee Bros tractor from Mahwah NJ. It had a 3502 valve Jake. two stick 12 speed and 44 rears that were beefed up. I use to drive it for a local excavator who bought it from ED. Fast truck. Was repainted gold and white. The other trucks were all FA Marchello trucks. Thanks for posting the pic.

Cheers, Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see all those trucks, brought back a lot of memorys, especially those Kennedy trucks. I spent weeks of my life tearing apart those F models, then drilling hundreds of holes in R model gliders, so I could make new ones out of old ones. I hope I never have to touch another frame drill. Last I heard Kennedy was trading as U.S. Gypsum, and so it goes.TOMBSTONE

Edited by Tombstone

Good to see all those trucks, brought back a lot of memorys, especially those Kennedy trucks. I spent weeks of my life tearing apart those F models, then drilling hundreds of holes in R model gliders, so I could make new ones out of old ones. I hope I never have to touch another frame drill. Last I heard Kennedy was trading as U.S. Gypsum, and so it goes.TOMBSTONE

Not sure what you mean by "trading as US Gypsum", but I can assure you we have no affiliation with them! They were our major carrier for a while, Our closing the Stony Point NY plant, may have attributed to their demise...

• 1 month later...

Don't know how I missed this one! especially since the calendar is hanging up in my toyroom! Mack used the Crossroads Diner in White township for a backdrop. Been to the Crossroads many a time when I was in the area,not much for truck parking,but good food!..........................Mark

http://www.nj.com/warrenreporter/index.ssf/2013/03/white_townships_crossroads_din.html

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.