WIsh Highpoint would have left it a tractor. They converted it to a wrecker and it seems there are problems with the truck now. It has been on Ebay many times and no one wants it.

The one with the L-O-N-G wheelbase and giant push bumper?

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

When ever we would get hung up on a hump on the road with that truck within 2 weeks the front rear would blow out.The other problem we had with it was with a heavy load on the lowboy and you went to take off the frame would flex bad enough that the fan would hit the should.My dad had wanted to order a truck that he would spec out but the wait time was to long so Trenton Mack found this truck that was ordered by a fellow in North Jersey to be used as a triaxle dump.It only had 58 rears and my dad wanted 65's,but Mack said they would hold up and they back it up so everytime they blew Mack replaced them.

When ever we would get hung up on a hump on the road with that truck within 2 weeks the front rear would blow out.The other problem we had with it was with a heavy load on the lowboy and you went to take off the frame would flex bad enough that the fan would hit the should.My dad had wanted to order a truck that he would spec out but the wait time was to long so Trenton Mack found this truck that was ordered by a fellow in North Jersey to be used as a triaxle dump.It only had 58 rears and my dad wanted 65's,but Mack said they would hold up and they back it up so everytime they blew Mack replaced them.

Did you replace the V8 with a Cummins to match your B87s or were you having problems with it? Did Mack do that as well or did you do it in-house?

The Mack V8 ran away one morning and by the time we got it shut down the damage was done.We did it in house.That truck was preety beat when we got rid of it.I can only think what it's like now.I would have taken the old B87 to drive over that truck any day,when you took out the B87 you knew you would be coming back under your own power.

• Like 1

Yes.

Are you guys sure? That DM with the big bumper was originally owned by Fran Rock towing in Suffern NY and High point had it after only because I live right up the street from Fran Rock and they had it for a while because they needed another heavy for the Thruway contract. I wish I had a pic of it when they had it.

Cheers, Rob

Found another neat picture of Highpoints DM-897SX,with a familiar sight to North Jerseans in the background !.......................................Mark (photo courtesy www. towforu411.com)

Where is that Mark in Newark right?

Where is that Mark in Newark right?

Yup,right beside the Turnpike a lotta people recognize the "HYDRO-P RUF" sign from the opening of the "Sopranos" i 've even had people ask me if its a "real" place!........LOL!............................Mark

Point taken on the dates.

I did'nt know one way or the other,just found that by accident,i don't DARE go to hanks anymore looking for truck pictures! even when i knew there was one of that DM over there LOL!.....................................Mark

No I read that link so it answered the question. I know Fran Rock had it for sale and I told my mechanic about it as he does all of the heavy towing for Venusti in Mahwah and he told me that truck had problems and he wasn't interested.

Yea especially when you see them all beat up or missing. It was something different at the time since the Jersey trucks really didn't put those on. When you were a kid and the only truck show around was Englishtown it was kind of cool to see trucks done up like that.

Cheers, Rob

Yea especially when you see them all beat up or missing. It was something different at the time since the Jersey trucks really didn't put those on. When you were a kid and the only truck show around was Englishtown it was kind of cool to see trucks done up like that.

Cheers, Rob

I agree,they started the "other" show down in Atco,but it was'nt near as big/good as Englishtown,no such thing as a "fancy" garbage truck in South Jersey (at the time) i really enjoyed seeing all the "big iron" from North Jersey/NYC when i was young! Not really any other place in the country (with the exception of New England) that you can tell where a trucks from,just by how its painted,or what it looks like?.................................Mark

Hey guys looong time viewer first time poster.Hopefully these work out.I love the tri state area Mack threads,and thought Id contribute.I grew up in North Jersey,in my eyes the mecca of heavy "real"trucks.Dam I miss that place,anyhow I was looking for pics of some trucks that various neighbors drove.Brockway that belonged to a paving company from Ramsey,R model from Lincoln Park company,and a few others.Of course I couldnt find what i was looking for but did find these.Unfortuneatly I know nothing about these trucks,other than where I recall seeing the R model.My mom worked for Fotomat(sp?)back in the 90's and shed always bring pix of trucks home for me,came to find out Dad got the good ones :whistling:.

Now that Ive thoroughly bored you all here goes.Im not real good with model specifics,but Im thinking the cabover is a Cruiseliner,which looks tough with the spokes in the industrial setting,and of course an R model.

JerseyMacks005_zpsace6bf4a.jpg

JerseyMacks004_zps741c4da8.jpg

JerseyMacks003_zps587ad1d6.jpg

JerseyMacks002_zpsca1f5db4.jpg

JerseyMacks001_zpsf5de1365.jpg

Great pictures!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg