that Valueliner glider kit looks like half GMC. even has a GM bumper on it

Good eye! the Mack was bought as a glider kit,and was kitted with a 1960's GMC 9500 series tractor,hense the GMC bumper, and green leaker / running gear,it was an old Lane transportation truck that had been wrecked....................................Mark

post-5836-0-86486000-1357769104.jpg

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I see that Abbonizio Superliner every now and again on 95. About 4 years ago I pushed snow with the guy that was running it for him. Don't know if he still is.

Used to live about 14 miles from Abbonizio's yard,they still have a couple R's and RD's that i know of,used to be a B-81 tractor sitting in their yard in Deptford,but i don't know if its still there or not.................................................Mark

I remember APA well. When I used to run to Boston all the time there was a trucking company we'd see on the Cross Bronx Expressway all the time- New Penn? North Penn? They had red R models, and seems to me a bunch of U models. We'd be kinda easing along, hoping we didn't lose a load of steel in the road because it was so rough, and they'd get in the left lane and just hammer down across there! I started running 81 and 84 long before they told us to run that way to save on tolls because the Cross Bronx was so rough and traffic was terrible 24 hours a day around N.Y. and Ct.

We used to haul junk cars around that time too. We didn't have cages, wire, sides, or any of that, we just hauled them from up north to Shredded Products in Montvale, Va.on regular flatbed trailers. You could walk around the trailer 15 times after you got loaded and pull off any loose parts you could find, and there'd still be stuff flying off the first few miles. We stopped hauling junk cars after a brake drum came off a load and landed on the hood of a four-wheeler.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I worked for APA for a short time before they went under,my uncle was their terminal manager in Philadelphia,i drove an MB-400 straight-job throughout north Jersey,it was a great job while it lasted! Tom it was North-Penn you remember,New Penns trucks were green,heres one like you prolly remember........................Mark

post-5836-0-44261600-1357860460_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I remember last year I was traveling up the Jersey Turnpike and saw a B81 dump sitting along what looked like a landfill.I think it was right north of the Newark Airport.It didn't look to be in that bad of condition.Will try and find out how owns it.

that would be T Fiore on the south bound side of 95 just before ex 14

BULLHUSK

The MH looks "all business" with the spokes and single round headlights.
But Budds on the back! .Maybe a glider kit? :whistling:

Okay, it looks "1/2 business" :)

I worked for APA for a short time before they went under,my uncle was their terminal manager in Philadelphia,i drove an MB-400 straight-job throughout north Jersey,it was a great job while it lasted! Tom it was North-Penn you remember,New Penns trucks were green,heres one like you prolly remember........................Mark

We have 3 drivers that came to Pitt Ohio after falling victim to the "St Valentines Day Massacre". One of them still gets red in the face when talking about it. He said APA stood for Always Please Arthur.

• Like 2

Jim

Good eye! the Mack was bought as a glider kit,and was kitted with a 1960's GMC 9500 series tractor,hense the GMC bumper, and green leaker / running gear,it was an old Lane transportation truck that had been wrecked....................................Mark

There's a member on Hank's that restored 2 of Lane's trucks. They are in this video beginning at 2:35. He has other videos taken from inside the cab.

• Like 1

Jim

Okay, it looks "1/2 business" :)

We have 3 drivers that came to Pitt Ohio after falling victim to the "St Valentines Day Massacre". One of them still gets red in the face when talking about it. He said APA stood for Always Please Arthur.

I think thats what killed my uncle! he worked for Arthur for 45 years!...................................Mark