Mass Construction Trucks

Here is a picture I took in the mid 80's of the City of Worcesters B 80X and Schertzer lo bed , there was a time from the late 70's to the early 80's that it never moved from where it was parked at the DPW yard.

FW

5thW-Thx-This is the stuff that makes this interesting-you post something and someone digs up a bit more history-I wonder who got it originally from the city?

god those R800's are awesome. Cranesville block has a few old ones in their yard in Scotia. everything is for sale. they hav a list now on their website of trucks for sale. all the old mixers. i talked to one of the guys last summer and said i was a day late and dollar short. they just scrapped 6 B models. three mixers and three dump trucks,. all B61's and B53's i think. click

http://www.cranesville.com/history.php# then go to the History heading and equipment for sale. there is a whole list. i think they junked everything pre 65 already.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

5thW-Thx-This is the stuff that makes this interesting-you post something and someone digs up a bit more history-I wonder who got it originally from the city?

D. Catino got it from the city and put the dump body on, he also had a B-81 10w dump . His father Joe ran L and B models and I had got a few parts from him many years ago. His son Joe Jr. is the guy that bought the RS755LST, the one with the 1693 cat that got wrecked.

FW

Scavone

PD_0249-1.jpg

This truck is known to me as Ralphy's B-81, driven by Ralph M. for the Kesseli & Morse Co . which was bought by Scavone about the mid 70's . The Kesseli & Morse logo is still on the barrel. This truck and others delivered many loads to our jobs in the 60's thru the early 70's. The Kesseli & Morse Co. had one of the first DM-800s in the area (1965).

FW

• Like 2

the black dump with the hood scoop. looks like it has a two inlet air cleaner and a hood scoop? whats the deal?

I had that on my '79 also,Matt.It has the pre-cleaner filter under the scoop for the tip-turbine,and the top section returns under the hood for a foul weather intake.Similiar to what the old oil baths had.I think it was a Canadian thing.The only trucks I've seen with that set up,were built in Oakville.I switched mine to a 2 stage, all in one, 300 series air cleaner.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

the black dump with the hood scoop. looks like it has a two inlet air cleaner and a hood scoop? whats the deal?
I had that on my '79 also,Matt.It has the pre-cleaner filter under the scoop for the tip-turbine,and the top section returns under the hood for a foul weather intake.Similiar to what the old oil baths had.I think it was a Canadian thing.The only trucks I've seen with that set up,were built in Oakville.I switched mine to a 2 stage, all in one, 300 series air cleaner.

Would "because it looks cool" also be a correct answer?

• Like 2

Jim