Mass Construction Trucks

god those R800's are awesome. Cranesville block has a few old ones in their yard in Scotia. everything is for sale. they hav a list now on their website of trucks for sale. all the old mixers. i talked to one of the guys last summer and said i was a day late and dollar short. they just scrapped 6 B models. three mixers and three dump trucks,. all B61's and B53's i think. click

http://www.cranesville.com/history.php# then go to the History heading and equipment for sale. there is a whole list. i think they junked everything pre 65 already.

Sorry to say but most all of those trucks are gone at Cranesville. I was there in 2010 and everything was still there, but if you look at a recent Google Map image, the whole boneyard has nearly been cleaned out. There was only 1 DM800 I found in that entire lot.

Hey Matt, you know Cranesville up here in Black River? Well when you drive by and look through the tree line there's a huge line of DM600's in the weeds. Watertown Concrete still runs a couple older DM's, newer DM's with slanted fenders, and R models with slanted fenders. Granites too. They have one B model. They have it out by the road for display sometimes. It's red with a yellow mixer. Might use it if they needed too though.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

maybe your right. was down that way about a month off Vly road and i thought they were still there. i know the Macks were and the Brockways.

That's the one I was at, Vley Road in Scotia. If you are in the area and are able to stop by, it would be great to really know what's going on with that great boneyard they have (had).

One other distinctive feature of the Mass. dumps is the use of the air powered lift piston for the snow plow. I haven't seen that in other parts of the country.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Blue DM800 belonged to PT Watts in Sutton. Watts is a Mack service/parts dealer.

The early B model of Frangioso is at Joseph Equipment in NH.

Jim

Boyajian lived in E.Saugus, MA. I grew up watching this rig earn a living. Ended up in N.Hampton, NH on a sales lot (though I asked and was told it wasn't for sale lol) in the early 90's.

• 3 weeks later...

This truck is known to me as Ralphy's B-81, driven by Ralph M. for the Kesseli & Morse Co . which was bought by Scavone about the mid 70's . The Kesseli & Morse logo is still on the barrel. This truck and others delivered many loads to our jobs in the 60's thru the early 70's. The Kesseli & Morse Co. had one of the first DM-800s in the area (1965).

FW

post-146-0-23534900-1360056818_thumb.jpg

This is the LJ the Kesseli & Morse Co. used to deliver their masonry supplies. Went to a local concrete form contractor to haul form panels, then a farm had and I don't think they used it,

I got it about 1999. long double frame, 707,and 24" tires.

• Like 1