Mass Construction Trucks

Like Budweiser, Hallamore has a Clydesdale hitch and wagon that travels to parades, shows, etc. I saw them on display at the Eastern States' Exposition in

West Springfield, MA. Both Hallamore and Budweiser teams were on display and appeared in the daily parades. Hallamore also had a restored Mack "FJ"

tractor on display.

bulldogboy

This is the truck that started it all for me as a little kid. In the early seventies, this was the biggest, baddest truck in my world.

Every kid wants a B61SX with 24" tires!

Truck was parked in Hyannis, MA in this "high quality" Kodak Instamatic photo.

Jim

One of my favorite photos from my childhood is of me standing next to the right steer tire of a B model mixer. I wasas tall as the tire at the time. My dad lost all of the truck pictures from years ago but I'm hoping my cousin will have it her collection so I can snatch it up the next time I'm out on the island.

Jim

Like Budweiser, Hallamore has a Clydesdale hitch and wagon that travels to parades, shows, etc. I saw them on display at the Eastern States' Exposition in

West Springfield, MA. Both Hallamore and Budweiser teams were on display and appeared in the daily parades. Hallamore also had a restored Mack "FJ"

tractor on display.

bulldogboy

How about 5 FJ's!

pittsfield sand and gravel and adams trucking, maximillian was running dm800sx with green interior. and some superliners. C.T.L has alot of macks pulling dump trailers.

My wife is from Pittsfield,LOT of old Macks and A-Cars's in the Berkshires!Bad thing is they toss down rock salt the size of quarters all the time in the winter months.Most frame's I've looked at out there are opened up like the Grand Canyon...

• Like 1

Here is my B at Rea Construction's barn, No. Andover MA. Ken Rea and his dad ran a number of B models for years. I believe they were second owners of this B-60X which guy before them had repowered with a 711. In '79 they put a 237 reman in it that had 10,000 miles on it. I bought it from them, put a new Galion on it (kept old hoist) and reworked the front end. Maxidyne with a Duplex and CRD -62 rear with 6.67 gears

Since I grew up in the Boston area there are lots of memories here. I once worked for a company that plowed snow with the low boy tractors using the trailer's goose neck as a counter weight like the Perini truck. I grew up near the Perini yard in Framingham and I vaguely remember the B81 being on the lot there.

Rosenfeld had quite a fleet of Autocars, Macks, and chain drive Sterling mixers. I'd love to see a picture of the Sterlings if anyone has one.

Nothing like the Boston area paint and chrome on the dumps and low boys.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Those where nice trucks Gilly had saw them doing site work on parents house years ago. Nice job you did with it, wondered where the trucks ended up.

You'd appreciate this then. 25+ years ago I lived in No. Andover and I would take my kids out past the Rea's house and all these B's would have their noses sticking out of their stalls. Little did I know some day......

Since I grew up in the Boston area there are lots of memories here. I once worked for a company that plowed snow with the low boy tractors using the trailer's goose neck as a counter weight like the Perini truck. I grew up near the Perini yard in Framingham and I vaguely remember the B81 being on the lot there.

Rosenfeld had quite a fleet of Autocars, Macks, and chain drive Sterling mixers. I'd love to see a picture of the Sterlings if anyone has one.

Nothing like the Boston area paint and chrome on the dumps and low boys.

I think some of the boys in the local ATCA chapter have some pix- I'll see if I can somehow get something I can post-with some help from my kids! Many years ago I used to deliver cement to the Rosenfeld plant in Needham-or was it Dedham? Seemed like they had a fair amount in boneyard.