Sign in to follow this  
ThaddeusW

Awesome Mack Article I Found On The Net.

Ok while browsing the photo album of an Australian member (Swishy) of Hanks truck forum I found this great five part article. It covers Mack from the beginning to the 70's and has all ot great pictures to go along. Pictures of the rare extreme duty M and L models along with an N model mixer and even the FCSW which was a 3 axle 100K GVW dump truck built in 1937, only two were ever made!

My favorite pictures are of the M75SX and the M45SX. I wonder if any still exist especially the M75, would make a nice collectors piece :D . The first page of part three has an interesting picture of how Mack even used camel back paired with a second set of springs to take the weight of tandem planetary hub reduction axles.

Here is the link: http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?aut...si&img=2539

The images are 800x1100 which you can easily print. They look perfect on paper!

Enjoy

I know of a few M45's that still run everyday here in southwestern Pennsylvania...

DSC06254.jpg

DSC06256.jpg

Rigchaser,

Thanks for those shots! If anyone has any more shots of M series please post em!

This M65/75SX might still be working.

post-314-1190952105_thumb.jpg

This 1958 LFSX still works for Marino Crane. It was previously owned by Gerosa.

post-314-1190952247_thumb.jpg

Anyone have any M series brochures?

There are several M45's still working in my area...I'll have to see if I can get some pics.

Rigchaser,

Thanks for those shots! If anyone has any more shots of M series please post em!

This M65/75SX might still be working.

post-314-1190952105_thumb.jpg

This 1958 LFSX still works for Marino Crane. It was previously owned by Gerosa.

post-314-1190952247_thumb.jpg

Anyone have any M series brochures?

Ok while browsing the photo album of an Australian member (Swishy) of Hanks truck forum I found this great five part article. It covers Mack from the beginning to the 70's and has all ot great pictures to go along. Pictures of the rare extreme duty M and L models along with an N model mixer and even the FCSW which was a 3 axle 100K GVW dump truck built in 1937, only two were ever made!

My favorite pictures are of the M75SX and the M45SX. I wonder if any still exist especially the M75, would make a nice collectors piece :D . The first page of part three has an interesting picture of how Mack even used camel back paired with a second set of springs to take the weight of tandem planetary hub reduction axles.

Here is the link: http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?aut...si&img=2539

The images are 800x1100 which you can easily print. They look perfect on paper!

Enjoy

Ok I finally have some pics of the infamous M100. I have edited the name just for posting purposes but this truck worked in conjuction with a company my grandfather worked for (M75 pics to come).

:mack1:

post-1758-1193037342_thumb.jpg

post-1758-1193037361_thumb.jpg

post-1758-1193037377_thumb.jpg

post-1758-1193037398_thumb.jpg

:mack1: very nice pics thanks for posting them :mack1: