Hotrod Tractor

Dougsr

:SMOKIE-RT: We have an International H in the corner of our shop the thought of putting a 350 chev or something like that in it has crossed our minds in the past, but the 4 cyl runs too good to take out of her. My brothers friend has an M that he's putting a 454 chevy in. Should be interesting if he ever finishes it.

I saw an old Massey Harris called "The Purple Goose" at a tractor pull many years ago, had a 427 chevy in it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 2 weeks later...
yep, it is.

International produced two (2) models with a V8 engine - 1468 which was replaced by the 1568. They both used the IH DV-550 (549ci) engine. Under light load operation, the engine ran on 4 cylinders. These models were only in production for a few years and are HIGHLY collectible.

http://www.tractorshop.com/articles/ih.html

International offered V8 engines in their articulated 4WD tractors. Massey Ferguson offered a factory Perkins V8 in a few models of straight frame tractors. They also used the CAT 3208 in an articulated 4WD tractor. Oliver and White offered a CAT V8 engine. John Deere never offered a factory V8 in any of their straight frame tractors. They did offer their own V8 in an articulated 4WD tractor. Allis-Chalmers and Steiger offered several articulated 4WD models with V8 engines.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

International produced two (2) models with a V8 engine - 1468 which was replaced by the 1568. They both used the IH DV-550 (549ci) engine. Under light load operation, the engine ran on 4 cylinders. These models were only in production for a few years and are HIGHLY collectible.

http://www.tractorshop.com/articles/ih.html

International offered V8 engines in their articulated 4WD tractors. Massey Ferguson offered a factory Perkins V8 in a few models of straight frame tractors. They also used the CAT 3208 in an articulated 4WD tractor. Oliver and White offered a CAT V8 engine. John Deere never offered a factory V8 in any of their straight frame tractors. They did offer their own V8 in an articulated 4WD tractor. Allis-Chalmers and Steiger offered several articulated 4WD models with V8 engines.

I knew about the 1468, even seen one. Used to be one for sale at the John Deere place in Crewe, Va. Had a big wide hood on it. I just found this 1568 when I was looking for a 1468 picture, never knew they existed before. I saw one that was for sale, might be the one in the picture, I don't remember- but the asking price was $33,000.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.