Hotrod Tractor

Dougsr

I saw a Brockway tractor once.

and I saw a Massey Ferguson one time

and one time I even saw an Oliver.

The Oliver 995 had a GM engine like the 990 but a different transmission. It was marketed as "Lugmatic". I don't know how the transmission differed. Back in the 40s, 50s, and 60s there were many tractor brands. Today, what is left, is Deere, AGCO, and FNH (who will soon be bought by Fiat).

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

How about one with six engines????? (six 5hp Briggs & Stratton engines, that is)

NAMAfall2008025.jpg

NAMAfall2008027.jpg

The owner said that the original engine was beyond repair and no replacement could be found. This was his solution.

How about this thing?:

NAMAspring20082006.jpg

NAMAspring20082008.jpg

• Like 1

Terry

Julian, PA

The Oliver 995 had a GM engine like the 990 but a different transmission. It was marketed as "Lugmatic". I don't know how the transmission differed. Back in the 40s, 50s, and 60s there were many tractor brands. Today, what is left, is Deere, AGCO, and FNH (who will soon be bought by Fiat).

And the original Fiat is now part of AGCO.

1962 B733 L cab

Those guys must have had penty of folding money to build those little hotrods. I love to see what people come up with these tractors. It would be fun to let them pull our sled but our insurance will not let us pull the trucks and hotrods. We do have all kind of things on static display when we do have a pull. If you find a good picture that does not have a copy rite on it or one you take send it to me for the photo of the week for my tractor web site. I try to have something new every week. It can be a tractor or just something odd. You never know what may show up. Mail me pictures at dougsr@centurytel.net with Photo Of The Week in the subject line.

Doug

'The General' did get a hook - and did pretty well. I didn't get a picture of it in action, but I got this one as it was waiting:

NAMAfall2008028.jpg

This one cracks me up:

NAMAfall2008005-1.jpg

Talk about 'being stacked'!

These pictures are from a local antique machinery show in Sept. of 2008.

Terry

Julian, PA

• 2 weeks later...

This is me and my original 1948 Ferguson a few years ago. No hot rod just a good old unit that plows snow and cuts grass. Paul

46nme.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

:SMOKIE-RT: We have an International H in the corner of our shop the thought of putting a 350 chev or something like that in it has crossed our minds in the past, but the 4 cyl runs too good to take out of her. My brothers friend has an M that he's putting a 454 chevy in. Should be interesting if he ever finishes it.