The Eagle Express R-model is up for sale on Ebay. Damn nice truck. Was at the South Bend ATHS show a couple years ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Mack-R688ST-R-Model-w-Econodyne-350-hp-and-a-Mack-9-speed-Unit-100-IL-/231525424986?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35e7fd9f5a&item=231525424986

I knew I'd seen that truck somewhere

The Eagle Express R-model is up for sale on Ebay. Damn nice truck. Was at the South Bend ATHS show a couple years ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Mack-R688ST-R-Model-w-Econodyne-350-hp-and-a-Mack-9-speed-Unit-100-IL-/231525424986?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35e7fd9f5a&item=231525424986

Was that a truck that they actually use to use and then just restored it?

Really nice truck. I would love to buy it, but I better stop spending money for a little bit. Lol

Seems like a good price though.

I'll pass with that price. He's reaching for the stars there. One of the guys in Welch's office has one on his desk but the last time I was in there it looked

like somebody dropped it and the ladder was busted. I went into Vulcan Bartlett (crap hole) the other day and the gal in the office had about 10 different

trucks at her desk. One was the Palumbo 4 axle Granite w/Talbert lowboy which I have but she had a couple I didn't have like the Plote Granite mixer,

the Vulcan Granite six wheeler and the Walsh Granite mixer. Those three are pretty elusive, and expensive!

I heard that 4 axle Lowboy is very rare and expensive. I really need to start getting some more local trucks. I'm gonna talk to my friend at Lafarge and see if they ever give any away or sell at resonable prices.

I can think of a yard in Marengo where that R-model would fit right in.
  • Like 1

I can think of a yard in Marengo where that R-model would fit right in.

And for what I sold my '98 for, that is a great price!!!!

Yea that Vulcan pit in Bartlett is a crap hole I could never figure out why a gravel pits with some much stone has the roughest and hole filled roads lafarge in rockdale try's to keep mound smoothed off and my pic in the calendar contest has 3 votes Damn getting closer on winning lol also any one get the new large size bulldog magizine

• Like 1

Yea that Vulcan pit in Bartlett is a crap hole I could never figure out why a gravel pits with some much stone has the roughest and hole filled roads lafarge in rockdale try's to keep mound smoothed off and my pic in the calendar contest has 3 votes Damn getting closer on winning lol also any one get the new large size bulldog magizine

How do you vote for the truck? I tried looking and it wanted me to register like I was posting a pic.

I actually got the new magazine at the dealer a week ago. I figured I forgot to renew my subscription like they wanted us to so I fig I wouldn't get one in the mail. Then I got mine in the mail the other day. It was folded up with creases and torn up. Not sure if the bigger size is good for mailing.

Saw this brand new Granite plow truck at CIT Rockford today. Not sure where it is going. I was surprised it is and air ride single axle.

post-13203-0-86364700-1428554747_thumb.j

post-13203-0-50377900-1428554759_thumb.j

post-13203-0-45300900-1428554770_thumb.j

post-13203-0-63314400-1428554780_thumb.j

post-13203-0-21096000-1428554790_thumb.j

Also saw this Dekalb Township truck up there also. I've seen it on the road before and never was able to get a good pic of it.

post-13203-0-74639900-1428554955_thumb.j

post-13203-0-28550800-1428554967_thumb.j

post-13203-0-29940700-1428554985_thumb.j

post-13203-0-21899700-1428555005_thumb.j

• Like 1

I think you have to join macks face book page I'm not that tech savy hence my son entering it for me I I'll have to tx him and find out

I think you have to join macks face book page I'm not that tech savy hence my son entering it for me I I'll have to tx him and find out

I'm on their FB, but I'll go back and they and figure it out.

Could that first one be a B-81 series re-cabbed with a R model one?

I know it's not a Mack, but thought this was interesting. This is a Navistar test vehicle with manufacturer plates. I should have went in there and asked what they were doing to it.

post-13203-0-97467700-1428619007_thumb.j

post-13203-0-26498600-1428619112_thumb.j

post-13203-0-57302500-1428619160_thumb.j

• Like 1

Some old R models. Looks like a custom single axel yard truck, lol, and maybe one for parts. Just sad that they leave the window open in the white one just letting the interior go bad. The interior wasn't actually all that bad.

The maroon single axle had a service body on it. They just took it off.

• Like 1

The yellow Northern IL R model Mack that looks like a steel hood was a shop built set up. I think they used a B model style radiator With home made fenders and a fiberglass R hood that was converted to a butterfly style or lift off. I cant recall...It is pretty cool how they set it up.

That place had lots of old school Mack guys working there before CIT took over.

• Like 1

Man that superliner needs a home and some tlc

That one wrecker looks like a B with R cab and hood. Looks like an holder front axle out of a B80 something and so does the radiator shell

Think I posted the wrecker a few months back in a thread about tow trucks.It is a homeade BCR (B-81 series engineered and built by Todd Steffenhagen). Mattb & Vinnie nailed it! :clap: The maroon & white R belonged to the late Albert Baillargeon,a nice old fellow who loved his bulldogs. Had a small fleet of them. Sadly,Al died behind the wheel of his CH at the corner of 59 & 173 in Antioch,after leaving Thielens with a load. He had a massive heart attack and was gone before the truck came to rest in front of the Walgreen's.Nice old timer that WAVED to every truck (like we used to). Al

• Like 1