Chicago R models

jive's shop is on 171 in Lockport, but he might come to you if you have a shop. bendi is also top notch. jive did mine (see above). this black kw is all hand lettered and striped by rick bendi. now that I really look at the picture, I don't think the kw was done when I took the picture - I know there is some cool striping on the hood, but it isn't there in this pic

post-14400-0-56372700-1429319991_thumb.j

• Like 1

jive's shop is on 171 in Lockport, but he might come to you if you have a shop. bendi is also top notch. jive did mine (see above). this black kw is all hand lettered and striped by rick bendi. now that I really look at the picture, I don't think the kw was done when I took the picture - I know there is some cool striping on the hood, but it isn't there in this pic

All of that is hand painted?

Another Rich Johnson job.....KTI (Kaney Transport,Inc.) of Rockford had this nice Value-Liner running for them.......Al

That color looks like the same color my RS700L was when new.

The stripes are almost the same as my Dads late 70's R model. He had a Brown Truck with tan and orange stripes just like that.

• Like 1

I've never seen the clips. How do they attach to the mirror?

The pictures are not the greatest. There are 4 clips in the mirror and somehow it keeps them from vibrating, but the mirror still can be adjusted. Though they could only put the outer two on the passenger side cause for some reason with all four in it would bind up when trying to adjust them. Though those two are keeping it from vibrating.

I guess those clips are $20'a piece. Thankfully I didn't have to pay for them.

post-13203-0-79086400-1429412427_thumb.j

post-13203-0-39825000-1429412438_thumb.j

• Like 1

The pictures are not the greatest. There are 4 clips in the mirror and somehow it keeps them from vibrating, but the mirror still can be adjusted. Though they could only put the outer two on the passenger side cause for some reason with all four in it would bind up when trying to adjust them. Though those two are keeping it from vibrating.

I guess those clips are $20'a piece. Thankfully I didn't have to pay for them.

They should be given to all owners for free at this point. Vibrating has been an issue all the way back to the first Visions that used those mirrors and is still an issue 15 years later. Bad enough that the problem hasn't been corrected, but then they want to rip the customers off on those clips.

Any type of makeshift fix restricts to movement of the mirror, which is a problem in my case since I share a truck with another driver. Fortunately mine are still rigid, but the truck has only 120k miles on it, so I figure it's just a matter of time.

• Like 1

Jim

They should be given to all owners for free at this point. Vibrating has been an issue all the way back to the first Visions that used those mirrors and is still an issue 15 years later. Bad enough that the problem hasn't been corrected, but then they want to rip the customers off on those clips.

Any type of makeshift fix restricts to movement of the mirror, which is a problem in my case since I share a truck with another driver. Fortunately mine are still rigid, but the truck has only 120k miles on it, so I figure it's just a matter of time.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd this has been a known problem, why hasn't it be addressed with the newer trucks?

And the to charge that much money. I might be looking into how much it will cost to go back to the old style.

First time they let us haul 32% out of Peru.

Thought this was a cool pic with the two Macks. Should call this the Dog House, lol

My friend Jim owns the burgundy, or what ever color you want to call it, '97 CH. Has over 1,200,000 miles on it. E7 454 with 13spd. He bought it used in '00 I think with 200,000 plus miles on it. He said in 5,000 miles he will have put 1,000,000 on it himself. He takes really good care of it.

post-13203-0-39847000-1429589788_thumb.j

post-13203-0-79897200-1429589811_thumb.j

post-13203-0-06642200-1429589822_thumb.j

• Like 2