Chicago R models

Wow! Traveled a pretty good distance,Mackdaddy! Folks around here are finding insulation,shingles,and bits of siding in their yards. Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Greers were a real pair nice guys but they would steal the shirt off your back if they could figure a way to do it without getting caught I think they got kicked out of Meyers for missing gravel loads some of those loads ended up in Eddie Beltz' yard. I used to work with a Jim Dhamer back in the late 80s when I was in between jobs working for Jeff Riemer he was a real character great guy I got along with him pretty well. I got into it with him the day before I quit Jeff I had already gotten the job with clear water farms he felt bad thinking I quit because of our little disagreement I assured him it wasn't the case we were friends until we went our separate ways he ended up being the mayor of Huntley.

Ranchhopper, that Jim was my Grandpa that you worked with at Riemer's. He was a character. He was already mayor in the late eighties. I think

he started that in either 86 or 88, I can't remember. He had a year or two to go in office yet when he passed away. He was going to be fully retired

from everything but didn't quite make it. He was in the 150 for 50 years. After Jeff folded up and moved to Florida for awhile GF Structures bought

Grandpas truck from Riemer and he went there for a year or two till he retired. As far my uncle Jim goes, I don't think the Greers were ever actually

leased to him but they did work for him occasionally. Even after Tiny died we used the Greer trucks. I think they all went to auction if I remember

correctly. Their one driver/mechanic was decent over there, I forgot his name, but all the rest were just hammer heads.

• Like 1

A friend passed these pictures to me of a couple of Eno trucks. They have always had some odd color schemes. I remember seeing these

trucks up and down 294 when they were new. They were shiny. I like all the lights on the front of the Mac bulkers they have. They look

cool at night. These trucks don't look quite as nice anymore. These pictures were from a year ago.

post-13943-0-40940000-1428974605_thumb.j

post-13943-0-00206700-1428974615_thumb.j

• Like 2

Ranchhopper, that Jim was my Grandpa that you worked with at Riemer's. He was a character. He was already mayor in the late eighties. I think

he started that in either 86 or 88, I can't remember. He had a year or two to go in office yet when he passed away. He was going to be fully retired

from everything but didn't quite make it. He was in the 150 for 50 years. After Jeff folded up and moved to Florida for awhile GF Structures bought

Grandpas truck from Riemer and he went there for a year or two till he retired. As far my uncle Jim goes, I don't think the Greers were ever actually

leased to him but they did work for him occasionally. Even after Tiny died we used the Greer trucks. I think they all went to auction if I remember

correctly. Their one driver/mechanic was decent over there, I forgot his name, but all the rest were just hammer heads.

The guy I bought my B-model from also worked with my Grandpa on a project in Hanover Park in the 60's. You also probably know him or know

of him since your in about the same neighborhood. The B came from Ken Taylor. It used to be parked on 25 just up from the landfill. I remember

it sitting out there all the time when I was a kid. The night I went to pick it up with the lowboy we ended up bs'ing with him for about 3 hours.

Since your at Welch you probably know Jason Withers who used to be leased to my uncle. I just saw Jason the other day at 25 & 72. He had

a good looking blue R-model with a Benson trailer for awhile then he sold the R and went out to Cali and bought a nice looking green and white

Pete. He ended up selling that to some farmer down by Watseka I think.

Your right Jim was a character but you always knew where you stood with him that's why I liked him the last project I worked on with him is where the walmart is in hanover park on 19 and barrington road. I knew he had passed a way but didn't know when we used greers trucks too when we needed trucks to haul sludge then after Tiny died Carl Christensen was dispatching them for Tinys wife and we were using them to haul lime for us until they gave it up.
  • Like 2

Yesterday I saw the Tameling's Mack and today I was all over the place. Pretty sure I saw SAS454 on the Elgin-Ohare pulling a walking

floor and then I saw Green Dash who was a long ways from home in a day cab. I had to get a couple loads of RR4 from Barlett, one of

which went out south west of Hinkley. To get out there I went to Stearns, out to Randall and then Fabyan and worked my way southwest.

While I was headed down Randall I got just south of Keslinger and saw a red & black B-model Fire truck parked at the 7-11. Never seen

that truck before. Looked nice from a quick drive by. Didn't get a picture though.

post-13943-0-08486200-1429053307_thumb.j

post-13943-0-56447400-1429053355_thumb.j

• Like 2

Well gents tomorrow I get to pull the 79axle my boss bought with my90r model just got it back from nagel the put a new tailgate on it we bought it with a tweaked one been years since I pulled a frameless should be fun hauling road mix kinda courious to see what I weigh empty 33100 with the quarter frame derizen

• Like 1

Well gents tomorrow I get to pull the 79axle my boss bought with my90r model just got it back from nagel the put a new tailgate on it we bought it with a tweaked one been years since I pulled a frameless should be fun hauling road mix kinda courious to see what I weigh empty 33100 with the quarter frame derizen

Make sure you post some pictures. Can't wait to see the combo.

Today I actually had to go to Roscoe Ready Mix to pick up a couple loads of "special" golf course sand, and it is confirmed. Ozinga did

buy Roscoe. They have a help wanted sign out and Ozinga stickers on all the "usable" mixers. I think they have at least one old mixer

from every company in northern IL. They even had an old Material service Brigadier converted into a six wheeler. They had a heck of a

boneyard. Also saw the Slaughbaugh services RD today and as I worked my way back east I saw a square headlight Value Liner that

looks like the one that was for sale on 12 in Wauconda awhile back. Looks like Ozinga is taking over. If I see candy cane stripes on the

orange & white trucks from Marengo they'll have everybody :whistling:

edit: Before I forget, Ozinga only bought the mixers from Roscoe, not the pits or dump trucks, Those are still Roscoe.

Yesterday in Sycamore I saw an Ozinga truck but looked like it had I different name on the door. Was too far away to see what it said.

Funny thing is I drove by Super Mix in Belvidere today and took these pics. I didn't see any Ozinga signs up though. I like that they still have an RD.

post-13203-0-04335500-1429156446_thumb.j

post-13203-0-60926200-1429156455_thumb.j

post-13203-0-69048300-1429156469_thumb.j

post-13203-0-45502000-1429156480_thumb.j

post-13203-0-97754700-1429156490_thumb.j

post-13203-0-86617900-1429156501_thumb.j

as far as I know, Bill "jive" Jarvis still does lettering and pinstriping. He is getting up there and it takes him a while but it's better than stickers anyday in my book. he did mine about 4 years ago. Rick Bendi still does does it too.

post-14400-0-70958100-1429229543_thumb.j

• Like 1

Yea right Peter Mack cause today I got to run a JD 460E haul truck my boss rented to help

Out our terex 30&35 haul trucks damn that thing is loaded 735 hrs heated and power mirrors heated seat am fm cd weather radio heated seat rear view camera heated and cooled lunch box in the dash damn nice now Friday 90. R and dump trailer always changin this up lol

• Like 1

as far as I know, Bill "jive" Jarvis still does lettering and pinstriping. He is getting up there and it takes him a while but it's better than stickers anyday in my book. he did mine about 4 years ago. Rick Bendi still does does it too.

I'm still trying to decide what im gonna do for lettering. Where is his shop?

So my mirror clips came in, to help them from vibrating, and had CIT Rockford put them on today. Thankfully CIT Troy where I bought the truck from was paying for it cause the clips alone where $330. So then when I was done had to head to Kirkland to pick up,the tank and start hauling fertalizer. after I got hooked up I headed out and didn't even get one mile out of town and the freakin mirror went flying off the truck. While I was driving I had a county sherif on my butt so when I pulled over he pulled over with me. He was actually really cool. He went back to get the mirror for me and it was destroyed. The funny thing was he told me if I had problems at the dealership he had it all on his dash cam and to call him, lol. I shouldn't asked him to send me a copy of it, lol. So then I had to go back up to CIT and thankfully they had another mirror. I told the mechanic that he was gonna get the 7 years bad luck since he is the one that didn't fix it right in the first place. Lol

I sure hope this isn't how the rest of the season is gonna go.

But saw some mixers at the dealership while I was there.

Then me hooked to the tank.

post-13203-0-28607000-1429244522_thumb.j

post-13203-0-90351800-1429244566_thumb.j

post-13203-0-18060700-1429244589_thumb.j

post-13203-0-55004000-1429244598_thumb.j

post-13203-0-60046700-1429244611_thumb.j

post-13203-0-83433800-1429244647_thumb.j

post-13203-0-09138200-1429244670_thumb.j

post-13203-0-50045300-1429244845_thumb.j

• Like 2

There is a guy in Dundee,Bendi. Does beautiful hand lettering & pinstrping. I have his card somewhere.When I find it, I'll pm you his #. Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA