Chicago R models

This truck was pulling in for service and thought it was cool. Go figure, something with the DPF 🙈. I talked to the guy driving and his name was John Johnson. Thinking it is the owners son. He said his uncle was actually president of Mack awhile ago. Can't rember his uncles name.

post-13203-0-57754400-1428618741_thumb.j

post-13203-0-56431600-1428618756_thumb.j

post-13203-0-05477200-1428618769_thumb.j

post-13203-0-24410500-1428618784_thumb.j

• Like 2

Some old R models. Looks like a custom single axel yard truck, lol, and maybe one for parts. Just sad that they leave the window open in the white one just letting the interior go bad. The interior wasn't actually all that bad.

The maroon single axle had a service body on it. They just took it off.

• Like 1

The yellow Northern IL R model Mack that looks like a steel hood was a shop built set up. I think they used a B model style radiator With home made fenders and a fiberglass R hood that was converted to a butterfly style or lift off. I cant recall...It is pretty cool how they set it up.

That place had lots of old school Mack guys working there before CIT took over.

• Like 1

Think I posted the wrecker a few months back in a thread about tow trucks.It is a homeade BCR (B-81 series engineered and built by Todd Steffenhagen). Mattb & Vinnie nailed it! :clap: The maroon & white R belonged to the late Albert Baillargeon,a nice old fellow who loved his bulldogs. Had a small fleet of them. Sadly,Al died behind the wheel of his CH at the corner of 59 & 173 in Antioch,after leaving Thielens with a load. He had a massive heart attack and was gone before the truck came to rest in front of the Walgreen's.Nice old timer that WAVED to every truck (like we used to). Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Think I posted the wrecker a few months back in a thread about tow trucks.It is a homeade BCR (B-81 series engineered and built by Todd Steffenhagen). Mattb & Vinnie nailed it! :clap: The maroon & white R belonged to the late Albert Baillargeon,a nice old fellow who loved his bulldogs. Had a small fleet of them. Sadly,Al died behind the wheel of his CH at the corner of 59 & 173 in Antioch,after leaving Thielens with a load. He had a massive heart attack and was gone before the truck came to rest in front of the Walgreen's.Nice old timer that WAVED to every truck (like we used to). Al

This is why I love this page. You guys know so much and I love learning about it.

With Fairdale being in the news for most unfortunate reasons this week it reminded me that I had a picture of an R-model six wheeler

that I took that used to be parked in Fairdale. The truck has been missing now for a few months bud had been sitting there for a couple

years. I guess it was spared the fate of getting swept away. As it looks from the coverage on the news everything that was around this

truck is gone. There is a gravel pit just on the back side of town that I occasionally pull some loads from and I guess the scale house

is gone and they just pulled all the conveyors out of the hole and set them up top so the trucks no longer had to drive in the hole. On

Friday morning they finished all the electric to the conveyors and from what I heard they all were toppled over. I came across a picture

of Grubbsteakers out at 64 & 251 that was also leveled. Myself, Al, and a few other guys would meet there for breakfast on our way

out to Mt. Morris before our ATHS meeting. My sister sent me a picture of the Tornado passing to the northwest of her place. About

as close as I need to be to one.

I wondered what happened to that 6 wheeler also. I know years ago I asked the guy how much he wanted and it was like $23,000. Way more then it was worth.

I'm still in shock of how bad the destruction was. I just drove through Fairdale the night before. BJ was saying that I guess Wagner's had all their paperwork in the scale house also. And can't rember what size, maybe 24', container they used for storing stuff was missing and not sure where it went.

It's terrible what happened Thursday night. I know a dairy farmer up by Belvidere that lost 3 buildings and the calve hutches where in the fields. I'm glad that I didn't act on the idea of going down to Bloomington and getting loaded for Friday's load of feed for Huber's in Creston

That's what I thought the 1st time I saw that R model sitting there,ranchopper. They used to work occasionally for PeterMack's uncle when I started hauling for Meyer in '86. They leased to John Haut and mostly pulled out of our McGraw pit next door to Plote. Al

Edited by 57 bcr

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Greers were a real pair nice guys but they would steal the shirt off your back if they could figure a way to do it without getting caught I think they got kicked out of Meyers for missing gravel loads some of those loads ended up in Eddie Beltz' yard. I used to work with a Jim Dhamer back in the late 80s when I was in between jobs working for Jeff Riemer he was a real character great guy I got along with him pretty well. I got into it with him the day before I quit Jeff I had already gotten the job with clear water farms he felt bad thinking I quit because of our little disagreement I assured him it wasn't the case we were friends until we went our separate ways he ended up being the mayor of Huntley.

• Like 1