Chicago R models

Any reason why the dump trailers in Chicago are so much smaller then what we run here in NYC? The obvious would be weight restrictions but even still they look small

The trailer that Lmackattack is pulling has lower sides than the newer trailers but is probably 22 or 24 foot long which is the standard around here.

The nice thing about the low sides is that you can load it with a skid steer or small machine, the bad part is every Barney Fife local numb nut

cop wants to pull you over and claim you are heavy because he can see the load. Back in 82 when that trailer was made they didn't have the

big skid steers like they have today to reach over the sides. With the newer trailers you can hardly see the loads in them anymore. As far

as the length goes I'm not sure how or why its the standard here. WIS runs quad axle straight trucks that can haul what what we can here

with a semi, but legally they can't haul the same weight here and we can't there. All to do with the bridge laws. Not sure why its the standard

or how it got started, guess its just the way it is.

I have a 1982 Hilbilt "Contractors Special" Frameless that im getting ready for sale. This has the side rails that are a few inches lower than standard.

it needs welding to the underside, new tires and a U bolt. it has new electrical to the rear, all new brakes and hardware, retractable pull tarp, New Hyd Hose, Fresh exterior paint and new bearings. I bought it in 2007? used it for a few years weekends only and now it has been sitting unused for about 5 years.

It needs some TLC but it is what it is...

send me you email if interested.

Just curious what your empty weight is with that setup

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Any reason why the dump trailers in Chicago are so much smaller then what we run here in NYC? The obvious would be weight restrictions but even still they look small

The '83 that I just bought is only 20'. Kinda short, but I guess back then that was more the norm. My '00 Ravens 1/4 frame is 24'. My belt trailer for asphalt is 31'. Though I can run 72,000 in WI with the belt where our IL dumps are only good for like 67,000.

Man I could load this thread up with pics from loading trucks all day in the yard been on the backhoe for the last two weeks still lots of old dogs dumping concrete in the yard for me to break up. Going back on the road Tuesday in an RD pulling a dump trailer for a while it will be a welcome change of scenery for the summer.

• Like 2

Man I could load this thread up with pics from loading trucks all day in the yard been on the backhoe for the last two weeks still lots of old dogs dumping concrete in the yard for me to break up. Going back on the road Tuesday in an RD pulling a dump trailer for a while it will be a welcome change of scenery for the summer.

I say post them, but that's just me. Lol

I'll pass with that price. He's reaching for the stars there. One of the guys in Welch's office has one on his desk but the last time I was in there it looked

like somebody dropped it and the ladder was busted. I went into Vulcan Bartlett (crap hole) the other day and the gal in the office had about 10 different

trucks at her desk. One was the Palumbo 4 axle Granite w/Talbert lowboy which I have but she had a couple I didn't have like the Plote Granite mixer,

the Vulcan Granite six wheeler and the Walsh Granite mixer. Those three are pretty elusive, and expensive!

• Like 1

The Eagle Express R-model is up for sale on Ebay. Damn nice truck. Was at the South Bend ATHS show a couple years ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Mack-R688ST-R-Model-w-Econodyne-350-hp-and-a-Mack-9-speed-Unit-100-IL-/231525424986?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35e7fd9f5a&item=231525424986

I knew I'd seen that truck somewhere

The Eagle Express R-model is up for sale on Ebay. Damn nice truck. Was at the South Bend ATHS show a couple years ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Mack-R688ST-R-Model-w-Econodyne-350-hp-and-a-Mack-9-speed-Unit-100-IL-/231525424986?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35e7fd9f5a&item=231525424986

Was that a truck that they actually use to use and then just restored it?

Really nice truck. I would love to buy it, but I better stop spending money for a little bit. Lol

Seems like a good price though.

I'll pass with that price. He's reaching for the stars there. One of the guys in Welch's office has one on his desk but the last time I was in there it looked

like somebody dropped it and the ladder was busted. I went into Vulcan Bartlett (crap hole) the other day and the gal in the office had about 10 different

trucks at her desk. One was the Palumbo 4 axle Granite w/Talbert lowboy which I have but she had a couple I didn't have like the Plote Granite mixer,

the Vulcan Granite six wheeler and the Walsh Granite mixer. Those three are pretty elusive, and expensive!

I heard that 4 axle Lowboy is very rare and expensive. I really need to start getting some more local trucks. I'm gonna talk to my friend at Lafarge and see if they ever give any away or sell at resonable prices.

I can think of a yard in Marengo where that R-model would fit right in.
  • Like 1

Yea that Vulcan pit in Bartlett is a crap hole I could never figure out why a gravel pits with some much stone has the roughest and hole filled roads lafarge in rockdale try's to keep mound smoothed off and my pic in the calendar contest has 3 votes Damn getting closer on winning lol also any one get the new large size bulldog magizine

• Like 1

Yea that Vulcan pit in Bartlett is a crap hole I could never figure out why a gravel pits with some much stone has the roughest and hole filled roads lafarge in rockdale try's to keep mound smoothed off and my pic in the calendar contest has 3 votes Damn getting closer on winning lol also any one get the new large size bulldog magizine

How do you vote for the truck? I tried looking and it wanted me to register like I was posting a pic.

I actually got the new magazine at the dealer a week ago. I figured I forgot to renew my subscription like they wanted us to so I fig I wouldn't get one in the mail. Then I got mine in the mail the other day. It was folded up with creases and torn up. Not sure if the bigger size is good for mailing.