Chicago R models

Went down and looked at them. All they need to be put to work is tires. All three have the cleanest, unabused interiors I've ever seen. If I had drivers for them they would be here. $14K each is what they are asking and all have recent Majors on the engines.

• Like 1

Took some RR5 to the Mchenry lock and dam today. Saw an RD conveyor truck with a Super Mix Granite dumping into it.

Got a blurry shot of Mchenry Excavating's R model. I think that's their name, truck sits along 31. Took a shot of the crane

unloading a flatbed. I actually had to dump where the crane was sitting and the Deere with the swampstick was placing

the rock in the river. They just had me dump off to the side for a round while they were unloading.

Just watch out for that purple and white Pete out there. I think he just graduated from driving school, lol

By the way, BJ showed my pics of your trailer. Looks really good.

Went out to Sublette today for the toy, truck, tractor show. There was one new Mack in the truck show that was brought by a dealer and a

couple nice brand X'ers. Saw a neat re-powered Deere with a Detroit in it. Ended up buying the Kamp 1/64th First Gear R-model, and

what looks to be a promotional candy dish? From the Charles Lenz & Company Excavating and Scavenger service. Had an AC Mack

on it. Said they were on 55th street in Cicero. I think they are long gone now. Anybody remember them?

Shoot!!!

I didn't know about this show

Just watch out for that purple and white Pete out there. I think he just graduated from driving school, lol

By the way, BJ showed my pics of your trailer. Looks really good.

Been running with BJ all week. Hauling dirt with him and a few others tomorrow. Thanks on the trailer, took about 45 hours to get that done.

Went way better than expected, but now I'm pulling the steel dump so the aluminum is just sitting there looking pretty at the moment. That

red R at Rockford Mack used to belong to Herron topsoil. We used to haul pulverized dirt for them before they closed up. If you know or see

Jimmy Burke that works with us he has Herron's old Pete.

• Like 1

Found this cool old picture of a Marina Cartage R model. The picture was from the guy who pin striped the truck. Said it was from 81.

https://myspace.com/ppoc/mixes/classic-my-pinstriping-work-395796

Oh ya. I've know Jimmy a long time. Haven't seen him since about Dec. I didn't know where he got that truck from.

There are a boat load of Marina trucks hauling contaminated dirt int Waste Management across from where we get the fertalizer in Joliet. And you see a ton of them pulling containers also.

I've heard he is connected, if you know what I mean, lol. I use to see his street sweeper and one dump on the highways in Chicago at night when I was hauling flatbed the one summer.

Thanks for the input, I think the mDrive is the way to go. Now I cant find any 22' trailers anywhere....

Kinda ticked off that i let my 80 rebuilt fruhauf go for 10k to some guy that wanted it. I thought it was a good deal 2 months ago but now i see the demand of these things. I had original floor in it with steel floor , tub design, new brakes, black painted boards. Only needed 500 dollars worth of welding. I lost my ass on that sale, prob could of gotten 14k for it :( It's okay i'm using the 94 slant nose Fruehaff now ( cant spell it right now lol )

• Like 1

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Yep, I think he was in Lisle today and tomorrow. We usually have five or six trucks with Hager full time. I'll be with them tomorrow but at another location.

Who are you? Have I seen you before? I work out of boughton alot. Schoger is my name

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!