Chicago R models

that weinermobile must get around... it was at the mall in Albany Ny on Saturday.....

I've heard it was built on a Superliner chassis with an E9 and a Mack 12 speed with 2.36 rears. ............Nah, I made all that shit up.

• Like 2

I was talking to one of my cousins today and he was telling me about a poster that his brother was in and I was wondering if anyone on here has seen it before. He can't remember much about it and his brother passed away in '93 so we can't get any info from him. I guess it was done for the Chicago Bears in '86 after they won the Super Bowl. He remembers that they wanted a Mack truck so they contacted his brother, but for some reason it was hooked to a tank and they never pulled tank for work. Just Van trailers. all he remembers about the poster was it was taken in a dark ally and it had the Bears logo on it. He has no idea what the promotion was for.

if anyone knows what this poster was I would love any info on it.

I have never seen anything like that. I looked around on the interweb machine and found one poster of Jim McMahon that said Mad Mac on it.

If you look to his right and straight back it appears to be an R-model but I can't tell for sure. The story might check out though. I'm thinking they

were going for a play on the "Mad Max, Road Warrior" theme and that would make sense as to why they wanted the Mack to be pulling a tanker

so it mimicked the movie. Maybe this is how the poster turned out after it was all said and done. I'm sure its all photo shopped anyway, I doubt

there was a small bear walking by McMahon's feet. It's probably 10 pictures smashed into one poster. Maybe I'm wrong and there is another one

out there. I bet the actual pictures are out there in the world somewhere.

post-13943-0-97995700-1425614522_thumb.j

• Like 2

I have never seen anything like that. I looked around on the interweb machine and found one poster of Jim McMahon that said Mad Mac on it.

If you look to his right and straight back it appears to be an R-model but I can't tell for sure. The story might check out though. I'm thinking they

were going for a play on the "Mad Max, Road Warrior" theme and that would make sense as to why they wanted the Mack to be pulling a tanker

so it mimicked the movie. Maybe this is how the poster turned out after it was all said and done. I'm sure its all photo shopped anyway, I doubt

there was a small bear walking by McMahon's feet. It's probably 10 pictures smashed into one poster. Maybe I'm wrong and there is another one

out there. I bet the actual pictures are out there in the world somewhere.

I'm thinking you might be right. It does make sense why they wanted a tanker hooked to it.

So I rode with a friend of mine to drop his daughter off at O'hare today. On our way back we were WB on 90 and as we approached 53 my friend said "there goes a Stark truck over us"

So we drive a couple of mins and then he starts laughing and says "oh shit!!!! Starks on our asses now" lol

We let him by and I tried getting a good pic, but my phone is so slow that I couldn't get a close up.

post-13203-0-95842700-1425688248_thumb.j

• Like 1

97' CH we have had since new. 1.25 million miles and never been overhauled. One of the best damn Macks we've ever had.

WOW!!!!!! Now that is AWESOME!!!!! And the funny part was I was just telling him how you guys bought a new one with Mdrive like I just bought and then we saw your '97 CH. Fingers crossed we have as good of luck with our new emissions trucks.

WOW!!!!!! Now that is AWESOME!!!!! And the funny part was I was just telling him how you guys bought a new one with Mdrive like I just bought and then we saw your '97 CH. Fingers crossed we have as good of luck with our new emissions trucks.

what do you guys think of your mDrives? What ratio are you running in your rear ends? I am looking at a few pinnacles, one has a 3.50 and the other is a 3.36 i think? Both drives, and I am thinking these trucks will be strictly dump work. Thoughts?

I would think that's a liitle low for dump work, but maybe with an automatic its ok? I don't think I would want anything lower than 3.73. I think I use low and high wrong when I am talking ratios. anywhere from 4.11 to 3.73 is ok for dump work

I had a MP7 395c, mDrive, 3.50 ratio truck speced as the go to "chicago" dump truck. They have the same truck on the lot with the 3.3? rear end available now and are saying it will be fine. I really don't have a clue about the mDrive. I just really like the idea of driving around and drinking coffee without having to shift! I have been looking for a couple of new or newer lightweight steel dump trailers, they seem impossible to find right now. Anyway, I am trying to avoid an 8 week delay for building, and want to be able to hit the ground running at the end of march. Looks like we will be having a very busy year around the Lake County area

• Like 1

I had a MP7 395c, mDrive, 3.50 ratio truck speced as the go to "chicago" dump truck. They have the same truck on the lot with the 3.3? rear end available now and are saying it will be fine. I really don't have a clue about the mDrive. I just really like the idea of driving around and drinking coffee without having to shift! I have been looking for a couple of new or newer lightweight steel dump trailers, they seem impossible to find right now. Anyway, I am trying to avoid an 8 week delay for building, and want to be able to hit the ground running at the end of march. Looks like we will be having a very busy year around the Lake County area

I drove it back from loves park last week and I have to say it drives effortlessly. Mack really has there shit together on this compared to the automated Fullers I've been around. Once the weather breaks, it's gonna get crazy!

• Like 1

Well, the dealer kinda lied to me about how the truck was spec'd out. They said they just went off what the guy who traded it in told them. It was suppose to have the overdrive version with 3.7, but it actually has the direct drive with 2.64 . I didn't find that out till I looked into it more. I wasn't too happy, but I guess I will live with it for now. I don't do much off road work so I'm crossing my fingers it will be alright. There are lots of people that are running around with over the road trucks doing construction and one of my friends actually orders his KW with I think 3.08 for construction, cause he runs lots of highway miles doing it.

I still can't give you an honest view of how the transmission is. I only put about 5,000 miles on it at the end of fertalizer season in Nov and haven't driven it since. I'm courious to see how it works pulling the dump and belt. It was hard getting use to how it shifts, it goes for fuel economy so it short shifts a lot. You can put it in performance mode to get it to shift higher. The hill assist drives me crazy at times. It will go on even in a slight incline. So I'm already thinking I'm gonna have to turn that off when off road. I have been told you have to watch it when it is snowing out or icy, cause the trans will downshift when coming to a stop and sometimes make you lose control. I was told in those situations to put it neutral.

I really wanted an Allison, but those are so hard to find used and I really didn't want to spend even more money and buy new.

Otherwise it was really nice being able to drive through Yorkville in bumper to bumper traffic and eat my lunch.

I was hoping the fuel milage was gonna be better. My '98 has 427 Mack 13spd 4.17 gears and was getting better mpg then the new truck with 445C Mdrive 2.64 gears. And I was told the 445c is the motor to get for the power and fuel economy.

It does take off really quick from the stop lights, but still has some hesitation between shifts, not like the Allison.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input, I think the mDrive is the way to go. Now I cant find any 22' trailers anywhere....

I might have on to rent if you need one right away.

I'm sure the Mdrive will be the way to go. I think I just need to try it some more and get out of my head that the Allison is the best one out there.

I forgot that this truck was original bought to pull a dump. I know the guy the owned it before me brother owns an asphalt plant somewhere by St Louis, but I'm just guessing he pulled a long dump cause it didn't have an air tailgate in the cab. So I'm guessing he didn't do much off road.

Now I know they wouldn't put the Mdrive in a Granite cause they said it wasn't made for heavy abuse, but they just came out with the Mdrive HD for the Granite and they have had the Ishift in the Volvo VHD for a long time.

• Like 1

Found these two pictures on the web of a couple Roy Strom MR's (or whatever they're called now) rear packers. Looks like one

was at a waste expo. I always thought Strom's trucks had an "east coast" look to them with the gold leaf lettering and pinstripes.

I've never seen these trucks before. Where do they run?

I might have on to rent if you need one right away.

I'm sure the Mdrive will be the way to go. I think I just need to try it some more and get out of my head that the Allison is the best one out there.

I forgot that this truck was original bought to pull a dump. I know the guy the owned it before me brother owns an asphalt plant somewhere by St Louis, but I'm just guessing he pulled a long dump cause it didn't have an air tailgate in the cab. So I'm guessing he didn't do much off road.

Now I know they wouldn't put the Mdrive in a Granite cause they said it wasn't made for heavy abuse, but they just came out with the Mdrive HD for the Granite and they have had the Ishift in the Volvo VHD for a long time.

Thanks, I will definetly keep that in mind