Chicago R models

I think, don't quote me, it was done over at Axle (Nagel) in Batavia

The truck was ordered threw Pozzo Mack, specked out myself, went up to Axle for fenders and wet kit. If you won't custom fenders or anything for that matter Axle is the place to go! The truck is as short is it could be without putting the emissions crap behind the cab!

• Like 2

I knew they were gonna be changing stuff around, but they have been talking about that for years. Though I was hoping Daryl was right and that they were not gonna be putting a wheel wash in.

Gotta love those wheel washes I used to have to take a load to mallard lake once in a while and had to clean up the bottom half of the truck when I got in.

try the one at reliable materials in lyons, not only is it crappy mud water, but you have to drive between concrete poles that feel like they are about 7 1/2 feet wide. just stupid

Yeah that's like getting on a narrow scale first sign is all the lugnut covers peeled off laying on the scale.

That place sucked especially winter mornings the sun would melt the frost off the haul road and turn it into grease you would get to the crest of the giant hill and get stuck. I still remember spinning my way to the top getting stuck just before the crest of the hill the compacter backed up to me I got out and pulled the cable off the machine and dropping the pin in my bumper through the loop in the cable as my truck started sliding back down the hill with the brakes on. I never could figure out why there wasn't more wrecks there those transfer drivers would slide all the way down the hill empty and just make the turn before landing in the creek the good old days.

Yea comming down sucked even in the summer when they d water it to keep the dust down .how about the wheel wash they had at barbers corners in Bolingbrook the elmhurst Chicago pit haven t been there in awhile you got your ticket made a left and it was by the ready mix plant about bottom of fuel tank deep sometimes

I was talking to one of my cousins today and he was telling me about a poster that his brother was in and I was wondering if anyone on here has seen it before. He can't remember much about it and his brother passed away in '93 so we can't get any info from him. I guess it was done for the Chicago Bears in '86 after they won the Super Bowl. He remembers that they wanted a Mack truck so they contacted his brother, but for some reason it was hooked to a tank and they never pulled tank for work. Just Van trailers. all he remembers about the poster was it was taken in a dark ally and it had the Bears logo on it. He has no idea what the promotion was for.

if anyone knows what this poster was I would love any info on it.