Chicago R models

Ahh I see west of me in channahon off rt 6 ozinga bought the sand pit that material service /now Hanson had . Theres a blast from the past remember how big material service was

Mackey,remember when Vulcan & Material Service both had ready mix in the Chicago area?

Did Material Service ever have Macks? I remember when they were in Dundee behind Palumbo and they had a ton of

GMC General 6X6's. Seem's like a driver or two got killed in the pit on 31 about 15 years ago if I remember right. They

were standing outside of their trucks and got hit by a loader or a haul truck. Al, do you remember that, and does that

sound right? I have a couple pictures of MS trucks. An old IH that was at a show in Mchenry in 2009, an FWD that was

sitting in Ottawa on rt 71 for awhile. Last time I went by the drum was still there but the truck went missing. I also have

an MS mixer that was styled after a GMC Brigadier.

post-13943-0-80442200-1415327173_thumb.j

post-13943-0-69574300-1415327264_thumb.j

post-13943-0-13523100-1415327292_thumb.j

• Like 2

I don't remember M.S. having any Macks.I think those Generals got bought by Super Mix when Pease started it.Seems like he started Super,about the time M.S. got out of the concrete business.Hmmmmm??????

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Saw the JS Const 4 axle Granite this morning along with their RD. Also saw a few Stark trucks. Did somebody steal

the grill out of the RD Brad? I waited for Paul to round the corner and took a picture, I figured he'd be halfway to

Florida by now with the cold weather coming next week :whistling:

post-13943-0-71117100-1415409411_thumb.j

post-13943-0-99615300-1415409432_thumb.j

post-13943-0-73044500-1415409446_thumb.j

post-13943-0-32541000-1415409462_thumb.j

post-13943-0-45055000-1415409483_thumb.j

• Like 1

Damn grille in the RD just don't have enough material left on it to bolt it to anything any more. I thought we had a regular RD grille in our stock pile,but I have not found it. Paul is trying to make it to Thanksgivng. The truck Paul is driving now, was Jack Craig's.

• Like 1

Damn grille in the RD just don't have enough material left on it to bolt it to anything any more. I thought we had a regular RD grille in our stock pile,but I have not found it. Paul is trying to make it to Thanksgivng. The truck Paul is driving now, was Jack Craig's.

Truck looked good with the new paint. I've seen Jack out hauling corn in his GMC Topkick. If I had to guess I bet he's not

missing gravel hauling. I'm counting down till my retirement, couple more decades and I'm done!

• Like 1

Not too familiar with the Joliet area there,Bill. Sounds cool though having a MACK sign the shop!) Heard of Newkirk though. A '55 B-61 My cousin had,was a former Newkirk R-M tractor.I took all the paperwork out of the glove box (authority,carrier certicate,etc.) as my cousin was going to TOSS THEM! Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA