Chicago R models

Saw a few Mack's today. Caught an R-model that I got last year with a hopper on, today I saw it with a dump trailer.

Saw a United Scrap RD, D-Construction's MR pumper laying down some red cement for for the crosswalks and an

MR rolloff.

Is that 47 through Yorkville? If so, that's not a good sign. I have to run up and down there 3 times a day during fertilizer season and was hoping they would be done with the south section.

I know it's not a Mack, but this is what I saw when I pulled in the yard this morning. Jose parked the truck last night empty where they fill it up with water, then with the rain over night the ground gave away.

HEY LOOK! FINALLY A GOOD USE FOR FRIEGHTSHAKERS! PLUGGING UP HOLES!!! :banana:

• Like 2

:mack1:

Is that 47 through Yorkville? If so, that's not a good sign. I have to run up and down there 3 times a day during fertilizer season and was hoping they would be done with the south section.

Yes it is. Not even close to being done. When school lets out that it takes almost 25 min to get from one end of town to the other.

What a nightmare.

Yes it is. Not even close to being done. When school lets out that it takes almost 25 min to get from one end of town to the other.

What a nightmare.

That's not what I wanted to hear, but I figured it would still be messed up. That's why I try to start between 1 and 2am and I can usually cycle it right and miss most of the traffic. If I know it will be too crazy I just go out of my way 80 west to 39 north. Little bit more miles but at least you can set the cruse and just go.

I was really pissed last spring. They did a cross cut over night and didn't fill it in good with asphalt and it was a couple inches low.

Even though I was only doing 30mph, I ended up cracking a spring. It was prob gonna eventually crack anyways, but it still pissed me off.

Just wanted to say, PeterMack, you were doing a fine job of driving up and down 72 today. It was hard for me to stay awake while it took me 3 hrs to get that last load off. Lol

Ha. Thanks. I was trying hard to stay awake also. Was actually on a Curran job all yesterday and today also. They were using some

of their dumbass brokers who can't spread to save their lives. I told Scott B the foreman/grader operator that I didn't speak English

or have chains but since I went to school with him he knew better. He said me and a couple other guys had to stay by the grader

and they sent the dummies to the back of the job with the dozer where they proceeded to leave a 3 foot tall pile and then spread.

• Like 1

Here's a few from today - the first is what appears to be an old "K Konstruction" truck with a new paint job and a new name Benny's? at yard 19 in McCook - The second is the dredging operation when they are running the six wheelers with the tag axles in Downers Grove (not a very good pic) - and the last is my new late afternoon ride...the lowboy driver had shoulder surgery and is out for the rest of the year so after hauling dirt I get to trade my 550 hp 18 spd pete for a 427 (supposedly) 8LL granite to move equipment

post-14400-0-14904900-1412898873_thumb.j

post-14400-0-22001000-1412898903_thumb.j

post-14400-0-40051400-1412898927_thumb.j

• Like 2

on that note... does anyone else have one of these? its a 2007 pre emission 427 with a 8LL...blows black smoke like an old r model (which is cool) at lower rpms (like 1200-1400) and won't get out of it's own way no matter how you shift it. I've been about 90000# with the backhoe on - that makes for a long slow ride

• Like 1

Ha. Thanks. I was trying hard to stay awake also. Was actually on a Curran job all yesterday and today also. They were using some

of their dumbass brokers who can't spread to save their lives. I told Scott B the foreman/grader operator that I didn't speak English

or have chains but since I went to school with him he knew better. He said me and a couple other guys had to stay by the grader

and they sent the dummies to the back of the job with the dozer where they proceeded to leave a 3 foot tall pile and then spread.

I always tell them, I'm not that great of a driver, but those dumb ass brokers make me look like a rock star

That's why I love being one of the first trucks loaded in the morning. I usually don't have to deal with them till I lap them.

Scotty B is awesome!!!! I don't get to work with him much, but he is funny. I still remember the first time I met him last year doing some dirt work for on 90. He was pretty much calling us prima donna asphalt haulers cause we were bitching about how bad the job site was. He agreed with me that it was a job for Brown R, lol. They he laughingly said, "don't worry, you will be back on asphalt tomorrow."

Ask him how he got that dent in his pickup truck, lol

Where was that picture middle picture taken with the windmills in the background?

on that note... does anyone else have one of these? its a 2007 pre emission 427 with a 8LL...blows black smoke like an old r model (which is cool) at lower rpms (like 1200-1400) and won't get out of it's own way no matter how you shift it. I've been about 90000# with the backhoe on - that makes for a long slow ride

I have a '98 with 427 and Mack 13 with 4.17 rears. Mine is a freakin dog, though I know it needs some work. I've had the rack run and injectors and still a dog. It has a really lumpy idle and someone told me the cam might be worn. I plan on getting a new truck this winter and don't want to spend the money seeing if it is the cam.

Mine doesn't blow that much smoke though.