Chicago R models

So today I was on I 80 east bound going to homewood at 5 am and I have noticed a Mack granite white and red with an alum box tandem axle truck with 2 lift axles and they where down and he was tarped can you run that set up in il seen him several times on 80 and on 55

I think they are from Indiana. They are dredging the pond on 55th st between Fairview and Main st in downers grove. I've seen them a lot this summer. As for how they run like that? not really sure...I would think the material from the pond has to be pretty heavy muck! I bet the local truck cops would love to weigh a "six wheeler" with that many axles

Edited by sas454

I used to run a pusher axle on my 6 wheeler in the '90's, but was told 4 axles on a straight truck in Illinois, was it! I was told anymore than that,and the state wouldn't recognize them. Maybe they issue a permit for them now or something? Hribar would haul salt in the wintertime out of Wis. with quad axles. I suppose the authorities look the other way,when their municipalities need something,I don't know?

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Bill, 55,500 if I wanted to pay HUT. I chose not to,and stayed at 54,999 max,what my plate was good for.Did alright with it,but should have bought a steerable.They were just coming in to play at that time. Thelen's ran some steerables later, on a few of their S-series Navistars. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Saw the Stark R model day cab on Genoa rd today.

Only reason I was able to get a some what good picture was cause my friend was a couple miles ahead of me and told me it was coming my way lol

I'm usually not fast enough to get my phone ready to take a picture.

That is my personal truck, but I was not driving it at that time. I taught one of the children that started with us this spring how to handle the 12 speed. He is the only person besides my Dad and my brother that are allowed to run it.
  • Like 2