Chicago R models

remember when here in joliet tj lambrecht had all the r models.seen them alot when they expanded the green valleylandfill.hauled alot of clay into there. harrykuhn of west chicago had r models too i think.and i think jack gray of gary ind had alot of brokers with them

Oh yeah,mackey.They (R models) were everywhere! How about Lyman Martin? :bulldog3:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Sorry Jim,I gotta go with the kid on this one! It has to be mid '73 to '75 I'm thinkin'. Either way,a classic NO COMPUTER,NO TRACTION CONTROL,NO GPS,NO AUTO SHIFT,Can't say no Anti-Lock (might of had 121 brakes on it),NO B.S. TYPE OF GET THE JOB DONE kind of truck! :clock_logo:

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

10-4,Jim! :whistling: .................and I almost forgot........Here is your Chicago R-Model of the day.................attachicon.gifR.E. Celli.jpg A sharp 300 Series (originally gold) R 686ST belonging to Richie Celli (Gene Celli's cousin).The guy who painted my B C R painted all R.E. Celli's trucks.Color: Honduras Maroon!

That one looks sweet!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

yep ur right 57brt .no stupid relay that when it goes out you cant start it.no ecu used to carry spare throttle spring and off yougo and get the work done.if the door panel raddled you tighten the screw with a phillips screw drivernot no push pins that rip out man to be a kid again and drive those r s on a job site.

• Like 2

yep ur right 57brt .no stupid relay that when it goes out you cant start it.no ecu used to carry spare throttle spring and off yougo and get the work done.if the door panel raddled you tighten the screw with a phillips screw drivernot no push pins that rip out man to be a kid again and drive those r s on a job site.

The CH I used to drive would eat throttle springs for lunch. It sucked when they would break while driving, but you can't beat a 2 minute roadside repair!

I couldn't care less about aesthetics. I'd rather look at exposed screw heads all day than deal with this snap on crap that breaks if you look at it the wrong way.

• Like 1

Jim

10-4,Jim! :whistling: .................and I almost forgot........Here is your Chicago R-Model of the day.................attachicon.gifR.E. Celli.jpg A sharp 300 Series (originally gold) R 686ST belonging to Richie Celli (Gene Celli's cousin).The guy who painted my B C R painted all R.E. Celli's trucks.Color: Honduras Maroon!

Don't worry about forgetting to post. You'll be reminded!

I see the painter followed the same lines as the "300" stripe with the white paint. I'm gonna go with '73 on that one. :whistling:

• Like 1

Jim

Ha,Ha!! I had a spare throttle spring in my tool box too! Nothing to make a few on-the-spot corrections during the day and drive on! :bulldog3:

Al.....I lost my throttle spring on the way home from Maggie's truck show this year...I had Just left, Mr stark was following me, and was heading for the hiway. I was trying to slow down for the on ramp when she went to full throttle. I had to pull the engine kill cable to get the governed back to idle. I had pulled over, opened the hood, and had fixed it as Mr stark was walking up to see why I had pulled over. Lol... Gotta love a old mechanical....

Al.....I lost my throttle spring on the way home from Maggie's truck show this year...I had Just left, Mr stark was following me, and was heading for the hiway. I was trying to slow down for the on ramp when she went to full throttle. I had to pull the engine kill cable to get the governed back to idle. I had pulled over, opened the hood, and had fixed it as Mr stark was walking up to see why I had pulled over. Lol... Gotta love a old mechanical....

You know it,Trent! Easy fixes you could do yourself! Now you'd need a laptop(electronic motors) if she went to full throttle on ya!

Nice early R model.

Thanks,Vin.Some of these shots weren't pre-planned,so a bunch of these guys didn't give their trucks a bath before the pictures!

• Like 1