Chicago R models

I always enjoy seeing pictures of "old school" lettering and pinstripes on trucks i ,like the gold leaf,hand painted stuff ! a lost and dying art now days! all done on a computer with vinyl cutouts................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

There was one of those at N.I. Mack a few years back.Had an awesome panel of switches and valves for all the equipment (as plows do). There was one switch marked "BLAST" next to the auger and spinner control. I thought now there's something to have to get rid of those unruly 4 wheelers tailgating your ass!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Was looking around the internet the other day and came across the new First Gear 1/64th scale Sid Kamp R-model.

Looks nice, but it looks like nobody's giving it away. $70 and some change for this one.

http://www.3000toys.com/catalog/detail.aspx?itemfind=first%20gear60-0238

I've been waiting forever for one of these companies to come up with a good 1/64 R model and what do we get? the same old tooling just done smaller!!!!! For shit sake people update the f'ing wheels or something please!!!! Maybe even come up with an updated cab. I'm over it, Mick

:mack1:

Here are a couple more pictures borrowed from the Tom Bronge collection of the Alan Smith Superliner.

He had before and after bunk pictures. Was a beautiful truck with a hopped up V8. A shame it burned to the ground :thumbsdown:

That is the first truck i drove when I had my cdl permit

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a former Tanzillo CH that is now owned by a friend of mine who just spruced it up a bit for his demo company.

Painted it in his colors and just got it on the road. They were doing an inside demo in this job and there was a bobcat

driving into the trailer at the dock.

I saw him in the yard today when I was picking up their 320 excavator. They did some nice work to get it back into shape. Its sister truck is still owned by Tanzillo. We just had it painted black and silver a few weeks back.

What burns me is 9 times outta 10 they'll sell to the exporters cheaper.I can't remember exact numbers but lets just say he was asking 23k,I offer 15k,he sits on it ,exporter comes along and offers 10k,but instead of calling back and ask if I'll still give 15,he sells to the exporter cause he's tired of looking at it. I'm not saying that's what happened in this case,but has happened to me before,they'll sell to an exporter or scrapper before giving you a 2nd chance.

What burns me is 9 times outta 10 they'll sell to the exporters cheaper.I can't remember exact numbers but lets just say he was asking 23k,I offer 15k,he sits on it ,exporter comes along and offers 10k,but instead of calling back and ask if I'll still give 15,he sells to the exporter cause he's tired of looking at it. I'm not saying that's what happened in this case,but has happened to me before,they'll sell to an exporter or scrapper before giving you a 2nd chance.

THAT SUCKS! AS THEY SAY THESE DAYS, AND SO DOES THE F'ING EXPORTER! SHOULD BE BURNED AT THE STAKE THESE PATRASITES! MAKE NO MISTAKE THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE, THEY DON'T GIVE A FLYING "F" AS LONG AS THEY'RE MAKING A DOLLAR. SEEN THE SAME THING HERE IN AUS NOT THAT LONG AGO, TONS OF SAVABLE CLASSICS CRUSHED JUST FOR A QUICK BUCK. MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL, MICK :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: B :thumbsdown:

:mack1: