Chicago R models

Here is another picture from the Tom Bronge collection. It is Tom's truck from a short lived O/O career. He said this R was originally

bought by Lenzini Exc and was blue. They painted it green and ran it awhile and then Tom bought it. He ran it about a year and sold

it back to Lenzini. He said it had a 300/6 air shift but he couldn't remember what year it was. Tom said that Lenzini sold it to another

guy who has had it parked for some time but he was not sure if it was still sitting or the guy sold it.

I must be warped,I remember the year,specs,and VIN number of every Mack I've ever worked.

• Like 1

Ok. Came up along side of him in the dark on 90. I waved, he honked. Thought it was you. Looked to have a DBC sticker on the trailer.

Yeah, he told me the other day that people are always honking and waving at him.... I said it was because everybody like seeing the super liner. I do pull the DBC trailer, and when I saw the blue Stark mack he was pulling one too. Do you drive that red pete? I will have to keep my eyes out for you. I saw the red Tanzillo truck twice the other day, and no wave...

Yeah, he told me the other day that people are always honking and waving at him.... I said it was because everybody like seeing the super liner. I do pull the DBC trailer, and when I saw the blue Stark mack he was pulling one too. Do you drive that red pete? I will have to keep my eyes out for you. I saw the red Tanzillo truck twice the other day, and no wave...

You know how those lowboy guys are, wave back with one finger. Lol. We've had that DBC a long time. Don't know how it's avoided the paint gun all this time.

Yesterday I ran into Mr. Mackattack again right before I had to rescue our sick dog. The driver said it was knocking like crazy

and lost power. He fired it up and it sure was knocking. Had to get the lowboy and drag it in. Turned out the rear rocker shaft

broke in half. Was probably for the best that he didn't try to limp it in. Did get a new respect for tow truck drivers yesterday,

a** hole people will not give you an inch while your trying to do something along the highway.

Finally saw you while I was awake...I made a mad dash from pattens yard to make it to the green arrow. As I was grabbing gears I was looking at the Pete and saying i think that's Brian's.....I saw your guy on the side of the road waiting for you looked like that was going to be fun trying to load him up but if he was able to move that's half the battle....I try to move over for stranded people when ever I can. It's no fun trying to strap something down with 70mph traffic going past you...

Sorry about that.... What color is your superliner?. Need to see a pic so I know who we're talking about....hell brian sees me all the time and I just drive by himwith my nose in the air. Lol.. ......I saw a gray superliner down near the refinery on near new ave and 355 on Thursday. Waved at him...

Sorry about that.... What color is your superliner?. Need to see a pic so I know who we're talking about....hell brian sees me all the time and I just drive by himwith my nose in the air. Lol.. ......I saw a gray superliner down near the refinery on near new ave and 355 on Thursday. Waved at him...

I can post a pic, I have will just have to grab my phone to do it. I was in the CH when I saw you, and it really doesn't stand out. Every time I park it next to the RW I am reminded of how much better looking the superliner is. I like driving the CH, but really don't care for the looks.