Chicago R models

A couple from the last week or so. Ehlers truck was parked at their dump in mettawa, and then a Stark mack at the salt terminal. An R model that I didn't catch the name of as well.

The white R model w/Mac trailer belongs to Kenny Fiantago.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Hey lmackattack were you at mccanns in Bolingbrook today? Think our lowboy driver talked to you he was loading a case roller with our tl150 skid said he talked to a tanzillo driver in a red rd told him I'm know you and wanted to know how I know you left him wondering lol

Hey lmackattack were you at mccanns in Bolingbrook today? Think our lowboy driver talked to you he was loading a case roller with our tl150 skid said he talked to a tanzillo driver in a red rd told him I'm know you and wanted to know how I know you left him wondering lol

Yep that was me. I parked next to him, was picking up a combination going to a chemical plant in Lemont. When I pulled up He was trying to fit both those machines on and having to reposition them to make it work. I gave him some eyes so he did not have to keep jumping out to check clearance for the goose neck.

I asked my friend the same thing and he said he wasn't able to look as he was loading up a brand X haul truck and had to get rolling,

but I see behind the cab it looks like a little generator, so.... I'm gonna say magnet, but I might be wrong, I was wrong once before,

could happen again, maybe.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's a magnetic counter weight! :loldude:

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Those pictures above are pretty cool. The area around the steel mills is always cool to see. I have a few pictures from the last week or so. They aren't Macks, but they are in northern Chicagoland. The first happened at the mettawa dump, and the last picture is Chicago areas least favorite contractor. I can't take credit for the pictures, the first were taken by a guy who was there when the truck went over. Nobody got hurt. The last picture was sent to me by a friend. They both remind us how quickly things can go bad.

post-13746-0-73261600-1384822908_thumb.j

post-13746-0-93799900-1384822920_thumb.j

post-13746-0-48332900-1384822965_thumb.j

• Like 1

Boy,makes you wonder what that Superliner went for? I like the sleeper R-Models too! I really wanted an R-Model when I ordered my MH,but there were no sleepers available within a 300 mile radius!............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I was rummaging through some old papers and found this old ad I kept from Northern IL Mack. I think it is from 89 and I don't remember

why I cut it up but the reason I kept it was because the blue Value-Liner was my Dads truck he bought a year or so prior and it was an

87 with a 13 speed but they put it up for sale anyway as an 84. Possible dealer mistake? Or a way to get the phone to ring, not sure.

I like the old Dean Foods R's with the big bunks and the new Fruehauf's for sale.[/quote

I remember looking at those New R-models when I was a kid. Dad would be up there getting parts for his F-model or Cruiseliner and we would drool over those R-models. Too bad the dealer got bought out and sucks now.

• Like 1

think the 70's and 80's were the haydays for most Mack dealers, I remember going to the dealer as a kid in the 80's, back when they treated you with respect, now it seems if your not in there getting a spot mirror and chrome for your brand new VolMack, they don't seem to give a shit.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I saw Ernie's has the former northern IL Mack tow truck painted up...it was sitting out side the other day.

Regarding the flipped trash truck...about a month ago at that same spot I watched a ups semi truck heading down the on ramp to 53 south with his trailer door rolled up... Right before he entered the high way 2 skids fell out the back, he kept going never saw it. The ramp was littered with boxes lol...

Those pictures above are pretty cool. The area around the steel mills is always cool to see. I have a few pictures from the last week or so. They aren't Macks, but they are in northern Chicagoland. The first happened at the mettawa dump, and the last picture is Chicago areas least favorite contractor. I can't take credit for the pictures, the first were taken by a guy who was there when the truck went over. Nobody got hurt. The last picture was sent to me by a friend. They both remind us how quickly things can go bad.

Ouch I bet the one driver about dropped a load in the seat when he got hit. 2nd moron. Measure twice and cut once.

• Like 1