Chicago R models

i see the pj and strak trucks in joliet all the time.i drive an 05 granite and it aint as sharpe as an r rd or superliner.remember all the r models emil siebert had. thy d pull the hill at 75th st and rt 53 loaded from bc and it would be a smoke fest!

That's a blast from the past.. I remember when Lenzini was an all Mack fleet...I live 2 min from their yard. Now it's all kw and Pete..

He did buy a Granite for a roll-off and one for a lube truck,though. Maybe they're coming back around? :bulldog3:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

i see the pj and stark trucks all the time around joliet. i d drive an o5 granite and it still aint as sharp as a rd superliner or r model.the r model of r jones is damn sharp too.blue and all decked out.

That R jones Mack is very nice. Love the metallic blue and aluminum is always shiny. Saw it this time last year running 290 and it looked like it had just left a truck show. I would love to catch a good photo of it, words won't do it justice.

I'm more on the northwest side of the suburbs. But we have a few hills that start out with a stoplight. Rt31 and Algonquin rd rings a bell. 1/2 Mile long 6% pull ( big for us flat landers) and at the top was the rock pit entrance. It was a race to get in front of a few trucks if you had the power. Remember running with a bunch of fleet spec remodels. 300,6spd,4.17.... Just watch the stack of the lead truck and if you made your shifts at the same time there everyone made it to the top at the same speed, nice and easy..

• Like 1

post-510-0-69269900-1356278639_thumb.jpg

Same here. I like what they did with the fender in front of the battery box. Isn't there normally just a mudflap-type piece installed there?

I think that is the lower front fender from a Value-Liner,if I'm not mistaken,Jim.I had a similiar set-up on my '90 RD

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

attachicon.gif90RD690S.jpg

I think that is the lower front fender from a Value-Liner,if I'm not mistaken,Jim.I had a similiar set-up on my '90 RD

My 77' RS700 has the Fiberglas lower fender. only down side is mud will run down the inner fender wall and get the fender dirty. I need to make a panel that will keep water and mud on the inside. Same with the gab between bumper and front of fender.

I guess I haven't paid much attention to it until now. That shade of blue made it stand out.

Jim

Thats what i thought. To bad.......Got any pics of when Lindahl ran b or r models.

Got a picture of a Lindahl R that was painted special for our country's bicentennial.I'll have to dig for that one!

I don't recall ever seeing one in person but heard about them...only saw a old pic on their web page..... What year did they switch to Pete's?

I want to say around '93 or so.Don't think they even had any sloped hood RDs,Trent.I do remember when Emil took a bunch of their hard nose R's in on trade.Had to be around '86-'87.

Was it an E9 or earlier V8?I missed out on a '78 RWS797 about a year ago.

That I don't know,Mike.Tom said it was a 400 horse.Had to be the ET1005 or something,right? He couldn't remember the year either.A 797 would have been an 375 horse ENDT866,correct?

sharp old truck,but it sure needs to be about 6 ft longer,bet it rode like a buckboard

Probably,Mike.But he still had to get around on the Chicagoland jobsites (where there is 700 homes on 40 acres!).And it most likely beat the 165" wb. or so R685ST he might have had before this truck!His son,Ray Jr.(who recently died),also was a V-8 Mack lover (& good people too). :bulldog3:

remember when here in joliet tj lambrecht had all the r models.seen them alot when they expanded the green valleylandfill.hauled alot of clay into there. harrykuhn of west chicago had r models too i think.and i think jack gray of gary ind had alot of brokers with them

• Like 2