Chicago R models

• 2 weeks later...

If I recall the last batch of trucks Greco bought was in the mid 80's about 7 years ago I stopped in to check out the 2 rs700l they had for sale...at the time they had 1 or 2 very low milage R models just sitting up on jack stands not being used. Think they just had them for spare trucks?

They seam to have been doing a lot of trucking lately, not sure if they have been busy with road work or other projects....?

This is another Tom B. photo. He said this photo was given to him, but he could not remember who gave it to him or

when it was taken. He recalled that this was at a local truck show probably when this unit was new, so if anybody

can figure out the year of this truck that is probably when this was taken.

Thats just an awesome truck

Matt

This is another Tom B. photo. He said this photo was given to him, but he could not remember who gave it to him or

when it was taken. He recalled that this was at a local truck show probably when this unit was new, so if anybody

can figure out the year of this truck that is probably when this was taken.

Thats a sexy truck. Truck has to be a 65-72. With that green steel dash, R-600 emblems and them marker lights and the front hubs are old style.
  • Like 1

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

And finally for the end of the Greco pictures here is a former Greco B-81 owned by Mr. Big Iron Tom Bronge.

He purchased this truck from them and kept the name on the door. This has been Tom's weekend cruiser for at

least 10 years know. The truck is a 66 and he found a 67 Talbert to keep the rear end from hopping off the

ground. Has a non turbo Mack V-8, quad box, winch, and I think 60,000 rears. Has quite a stack a leaf springs

under it. I know if he hits a paint stripe that has been painted to thick on the road it about puts him through the

roof. I think he also told me the truck alone weighs 23,000lbs empty. Other than the new pipes, rear fenders and

a few cosmetics this truck is basically all original, oh and the hidden train horns that he likes to scare people with.

Theres Mr. Rhino leading the way with the BCR!

• Like 1

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I saw an RD a few days ago with the old aluminum R-Model headlight panels adapted to fit,looked pretty good! whoever did the bodywork did a nice job. I know its useless without pictures,but it was going the other way before I could get my camera out.....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I saw an RD a few days ago with the old aluminum R-Model headlight panels adapted to fit,looked pretty good! whoever did the bodywork did a nice job. I know its useless without pictures,but it was going the other way before I could get my camera out.....................Mark

I had always thought about doing that, Mark.I am a round headlight guy myself! LOL! I think PennDot had ordered a boatload of slope-nosed RD's with round headlights in 'em a few years back.post-510-0-04628700-1379555872_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA