Chicago R models

How about a B-model today. This truck has been sitting in LaFox IL for at least twenty years now. I know it runs because

I've seen it moved around the yard. Looks like a good resto project truck.

Talked to the owner today,Brian at the Railway Museum.He said the cab is pretty weak.

Cool pictures Al.

Thanks Vinny!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

That green one still around,Al?

Last I knew it was sold to a guy rebuilding the Lenzini B.Don't know of its fate,lately Mike. If I'm not mistaken,that very truck was Plote Excavating's first :mack1: !

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I thought so too,Jim.Follows the B model lines better than the Clariben.

Interesting piece of history Al,thanks for sharing the info! and I agree,these look a lot better than the Claribens,almost looks factory!..............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

No problem,Mark.I agree with the almost factory look.The Claribens do however,follow the lines of the cast aluminum radiator B's in a way.Here is yet another photo of the Lenzini B in its last job.It had a tree grinder mounted on the back of it.attachicon.gifscan0004.jpg

:twothumbsup: Like

Here is a pic of two fiberglass hoods that are not to far from my house. Don't know if these are the Claribens or other.

Not sure if the owner is planning on using them or not.

The fenders are squared off toward the rear and the "hood" looks a bit taller than stock. I think there is a good chance it's a Clariben.

Jim

I hope that red R model didn't get exported, shes a sweetie.

Unfortunately Tanzillo # 16 (truck pulling square tank R) got exported, however the square tank RJ Flood R model was given a Rust-Oleum overhaul and brought to tractor pulls to prove Peterbilts and Kenworths inferior

• Like 1