Chicago R models

any more of those catom r modle pics ?damn nice truck.i remembe when they bought out day and night lowboy service got some nice ch s in that deal

Jeff who? Let's just let it go at that. They aquired a 4axle CH, a 3 axle CH and 2 RD"S in the deal. The RD's were gone first and the two CH's were replaced with Kenworths.

Thats my kinda wheel right there! put a sleeper on it,and i'm a goin' truckin' LOL!............................Nice R-Model!...............................................Mark

How about it,Mark!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Brian Dhamer caught this RD mixer of Fischer Bros., pouring concrete in the Freeport,Ill. area which is really not in the vicinty of Chicago,but hey,we're running out of R model photos!!post-510-0-50797900-1363806288_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Caught this Pro-Excavating RD heading south on 1st Ave after just leaving the dirt dump. Looks like they

took a little time with a paint job and some signage. A lot of detail compared to most dump trucks around here anymore.

That Pro-Excavating is out of Chicago at I-55 and Pulaski across from the Burger King. His lowboy tractor is a Scani.

That's right, thanks for jogging my memory. I have seen that Scania a couple times down Archer Ave, gotta be the only one in northern IL.

Petersen Excavating in Gurnee has a Scania roll off truck. Cabover, I think it might be 300 horse with a nine speed. i will see if I can get a picture of it.

yup, sweet truck. id love that have that one Mike hint hint haha

Yes, that RL is my father's. It is an RL712LST. It has a 300plus and a 9 speed(?). He fell in love with it in California and had it shipped back. I am not a fan of the yellow and black paint job. You'll have to talk to him about it. Maybe he will leave it to you in his will. Mike

O.K back to Chicagoland R-Models. Al I think this one is from your neck of the woods. Caught this Oleary

sand and gravel R-model rolling though Marengo the other day.

Former MEYER MATERIAL CO. unit,I might add!

• Like 1

Looks like the son of the B-63's Meyer ran out of Wheeling back in the 60's.

James,were they B-63's? There was a picture of a lineup of B models taken in front of a stone pile at Algonquin (Yd. 5). I just thought they were B-61's.Guess I never really thought about it.I go back to work on Monday,I am going to ask around the whereabouts of that picture.Interesting!!

BCR as I remember they were B-63"s with the turbo 205's. Sweet smooth sounding engines. Could have been B-613's. I am thinking they had about 5 or 6 of them. :twothumbsup:

There was a bunch of the old drivers there when I started hauling for Meyer,in 1986.Most had started out in a B.Glad I got to talk to the guys,most have passed on.

Tewe's used to have yellow and black fendered Mack B tractors. Is TEWES STILL AROUND. :SMOKIE-LFT:

Tewes was bought out about 10-12 years ago, by a guy who is no longer in business,himself.I think I have a picture of one of their last R models,James.Let me dig it up.