Chicago R models

Yes,mackman the B-815 used the END864 255hp naturally asperated MACK V-8.I think there were only like 220 units produced,so its a rare breed.I have never seen one with anything but a quadbox,as they were a "Heavy Hauler". That paticular B-815 of Kamp's,was repowered with a 237 (if I'm not mistaken) by an earlier owner,though.

Thankyou 57 for the info

Local 282 Union Service

from the description,I would love to see a color pic of this one.

Yeah,the black and white photo of this one,doesn't really do it any justice.Glenn is retired now,but stilll around.I'll have to look him up and see if he's got any other pictures of his trucks.I remember the FL had a 13 speed w/3 speed auxillary (installed by Hendrickson Mfg.) in it!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Taking another "cheap shot",I'm going to put the BCR in as Chicago R model of the day :whistling: 08291012021.JPG 101710103

31.JPG 082910120

61.JPG First picture is with a '63 Fruehauf 35ft aluminum ext. post van.2nd pic,is with Jess Robertson's 22ft East Genesis frameless dump trailer.3rd is with the '63 Fruehauf again. Sorry

folks,going to have to switch title to just "Chicago area Mack of the day",as my R model photos are running low.

Awesome Al!!!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Dont't think thats a "cheap shot" Al,i like the looks of your BCR,damn good looking truck! i like the paint scheme.sure reminds me of the "glory days" hooked up to that single axle 35 footer,seen many an outfit like that out east when i was a kid............hafta' owe you a raincheck on the "like" i'm fresh out for the day! LOL!........................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Taking another "cheap shot",I'm going to put the BCR in as Chicago R model of the day :whistling:attachicon.gif08291012021.JPGattachicon.gif10171010331.JPGattachicon.gif08291012061.JPG First picture is with a '63 Fruehauf 35ft aluminum ext. post van.2nd pic,is with Jess Robertson's 22ft East Genesis frameless dump trailer.3rd is with the '63 Fruehauf again. Sorry folks,going to have to switch title to just "Chicago area Mack of the day",as my R model photos are running low.

That's a nice set of pictures. The dump shot shows it posing for the camera while it appears to be working in the other two shots.

Proof again that an R model is always comfortable in it's surroundings. :twothumbsup:

• Like 1

Jim

I like that BCR nice short sides on the body.

Cheers, Rob

Thats the way most of them are set-up around here,Rob.Easy loading with a skid loader and we cant gross anymore than 50-51K with a 3 axle truck like that,anyway. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

My 83' hilbilt end dump is a "Contractor Special" with the low sides. perfect for bob cats and tight spots with small machines and easy to load with big machines as you can see what your putting into it. load it liquid level with dirt just below the top rail and your at about max weight. Down side is when you haul 3" stone or broken concrete you look like an ice cream cone with 3 scoops and stuff fallin off the side. then there is the low tailgate height that likes to catch wood or concrete slabs.