Chicago R models

Nope! We're done, and on Valentines day no less! You crossed a line, and I can get to the foundation but it was muddy so

I demanded a conveyor. I didn't want to get my tires dirty.

Aww,come on buddy,can't we all just get along!! :loldude:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Oh and I think its safe to open this thread up to any and all pics of Chicagoland MACK's

thanks for keeping this thread going Al. Glad Brian has joined the ranks as well!

Trent

I'm just glad all you guys are showing interest in this thread and showing more pics of the trucks that built the Windy City! Its an important part of our history! :bulldog3:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

The Chicago Mack of the day goes to a previous winner, Arrow Marine. I caught this one out on I39 today missing a set of duals.

I passed him going south bound and I didn't see the duals anywhere so on the return trip I was at least able to get a picture. Hell,

he might still be out there!

Ouch.

Jim

Seems as though Palumbo still has about four pits. Maybee they rely on more owner operators rather than using their own trucks. Those RD 800's are awsome. Are they just used as site trucks.

Palumbo(Orange Crush,LLC)still has a decent amount of RD'd,Granites,and I believe a couple of Super-Liner lowboy tractors.But,like most of the big guys in the area,they reley on a number of owner/operators to supply yards that aren't in a pit or quarry.Something that big I would imagine,is only used from pit to plant on a haul road.The cops would have a field day with one of those on the street!

Yeah but The o/o they use now suck.run junk and can't speak can't call them owner operators cause they don't take pride in there trucks half the time you can't even see the taillights for the mud but that's what the pits want ok I'm off my soapbox I love this thread them old macks built Chicago and the rest of the usa

Yeah but The o/o they use now suck.run junk and can't speak can't call them owner operators cause they don't take pride in there trucks half the time you can't even see the taillights for the mud but that's what the pits want ok I'm off my soapbox I love this thread them old macks built Chicago and the rest of the usa

The Chicago area R model of the goes to.......ME (cheap shot) post-510-0-82933900-1361108446_thumb.jpg My '90 RD690S & I.We were dumping pea gravel into Lake Michigan for "erosion control" ???? I don't know who had a dredge on the other side of the lake,but I bet they were harvesting perfectly re-washed pea gravel over on the Michigan side of the lake! Patty Dhamer Photo

• Like 2

Great pic and truck!

Hmmmm.......pea stone as erosion control. Was that a project given to a first year civil engineer student?

Jim

Thanks!!No kiddin',Jim! We were all scratching our heads,but we kept hauling anyway!! Al

I think I remember your truck al.. Did you run with a rs700l that was black,orange and yellow 6 wheeler? think there was also a white gmc 6 wheeler that all ran with each other...

Yeah,off and on I ran with Rusty and his RS795LST converted to a six-wheeler.I do have a picture of his truck somewhere.I'll have to look for it.

BCR have you come accross old celli photos for posting. I thought you had taken pictures of pictures at some time. I saw the B-75 and f model in the die cast thread. Thanks

I will get to them,James.I would put them in this thread,but there is much more than R models to be posted! I think I'lll drag it out like this thread,so we can make it last! :whistling::thumb::MackLogo:

Your Chicago area (retired) R model of the day goes to...post-510-0-17855400-1361278314_thumb.jpgpost-510-0-27775300-1361278356_thumb.jpg Bernardi Cartage. This truck was being run everyday up until the mid '90's or so.237/6 speed 4.17 rears on camelback.This truck along with the rest of the Bernardi fleet,hauled many a ton for Meyer Material Co. over the years.It was a good runner in its day.Needs a good cab & ?,but all in all,complete.

• Like 2