Chicago R models

I'm not a truck driver but drove on of those articulating dump trucks at a landfill two summers.  I laid the bed over like that when I got the right rear tires off the road.  It stopped me dead. It didn't do any damage except tearing a couple wire.  They set it back up with an excavator and I was back on my way.  Apparently it is common because they called it 'joining the club'.  Mike. 

• Like 1

I used to see a couple  of  those Marina trucks follow street sweepers and city crews around. I  think  the owner(s) got busted  in that "Operation  Silver Shovel" a few years  ago.  Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

33 minutes ago, 57 bcr said:

I used to see a couple  of  those Marina trucks follow street sweepers and city crews around. I  think  the owner(s) got busted  in that "Operation  Silver Shovel" a few years  ago.  Al  

Big surprise there most of those outfits ie  palumbo in the "buddies" club with the Chicago unions and politicians end up in prision or slapped on the hand somehow for screwing the tax payers out of millions.

Keg I, Team is the outfit I was thinking of!  My co driver drove for them! I used to haul US Mail out of the bulk mail center at exit 3, Do you remember Waite Inc or Joy Don Transport? That load of scrap in the Rossi dump would almost certainly get stuck in the tailgate! The load of untarped twigs and branches is a " load seepage" fine looking for a place to happen!

On 1/15/2018 at 3:11 PM, Lmackattack said:

Looks like they are removing the stack for Hight reasons?... some of the cat pavers I moved had a stack with a hinge on them to lower them during transport.

The stacks are turned. put down or covered so the incoming air will not pinwheel the turbo, and it than will fail from no oil.  Paul 

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, mackey58 said:

Ahhh that's too bad is Nettleton  still around 

Yes they are,Bill. Out of Genoa City,Wi. (just  accross the state line).  Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA