Chicago R models

Mackey,was the R 700 on  that brochure  an Artim  broker? I always  thought it could  have been. I remember seeing several  day cabs hauling  steel around Chicago  back in the late '70's  early  '80's.  Some companies  that come to mind: Umthun,CW,CRST,Rediehs,Chief,all the big freight outfits with their "special commodities" divisions, and of course Artim. USS was running 3 shifts and pumping out steel like hell wouldn't  have it!  Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Yea I know uss and inland was rediehs and chief are still around see them at coil plus in plainfield. Man haven't heard the umthum name in YEARS. I remember  the uss mill in joliet  shipping  the rod coils on Sims  trucks remember  them awww man gotta stop dreaming  of the past lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mackey58 said:

Al will like this.new haul.truck drivers first day  3rd round

20170701_101900-2-1.jpg

Side dump feature,mackey! Newbies are really good  at it! Been there,done that! Al   

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

It was soft fluffy dry black dirt and I think he was on or close to the edge don't think he even got the box up had another pic of one on our job in minooka  a couple years ago he was on an angle and the bed was leaning  as he pulled forward  tore position he flopped over  

Nice lindal pic .there's one on there website with a bunch of r models hauling dirt out of ohara I think wis I could down load it and blow it up.for the garage. Do t think they macks any more they  had cats then Petes  saw 9 Petes and trailers of there's at ritchie bros last month