Chicago R models

6 hours ago, IH Farms 2 said:

I'm paid by the load so I'm doing 60 in a 55 and 70 on the big road.  I'm pretty easy going but if you see a truck coming up on you in the left lane stay in the right unless your doing the speed limit.  

Don't worry I'm a conservative, always in the right!

7 hours ago, IH Farms 2 said:

I'm paid by the load so I'm doing 60 in a 55 and 70 on the big road.  I'm pretty easy going but if you see a truck coming up on you in the left lane stay in the right unless your doing the speed limit.  

The ones that really get you mad are the ones that yank out in front of you when there is no one behind you so what is so hard to let you pass at the speed limit and just pull out after you have gone by?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, upsman said:

Don't worry I'm a conservative, always in the right!

Damn and I thought it was the democrats that were always right just ask them they will tell you that especially months after the presidential election they are still crying about losing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ranchhopper said:

Damn and I thought it was the democrats that were always right just ask them they will tell you that especially months after the presidential election they are still crying about losing.

Thank God we are hopefully getting our country back!!!

• Like 1

On 3/18/2017 at 3:16 PM, wrenchguy said:

I'm new here but thought i'd post some stuff from nw indiana.  My son is into r models, only 1987 ones, the year he was born.  His mentors  prolly17 years ago were alan smith, norm & bill shuldt and tom bronge. we had started a antique caterpillar chapter up to smiths place.  my son fell 4 the r models hanging there and had to have 1 to drive around the farm here.  he got 1 at 14 and now 5, he ain't 30 yet.  RIP in BULLDOG heaven norm & al.  now 4 some photos.MVC_009_F.jpg.bff88359d96132b9320de209a7105bfe.jpgMVC_011_F.jpg.40b897399d6bb28e0d6090a085dd697f.jpgMVC_012_F.jpg.369a3c77d28416cea218ae19b2e027fb.jpgMVC_002_F.jpg.26d4a3ab4508a6692e117f57e2bde05f.jpg 

my sons custom r688st, listed on the for sale page.

SAM_0668.jpg

SAM_0691.jpg

SAM_0662.jpg

b safe drivers & thanks 4 looking

Is that you Mr. Schreiber? I  was in Chapter 4 for a while  and was at Alan's for a few "playdays" myself. Nice truck!   Al  Rhino  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

58 minutes ago, 57 bcr said:

Is that you Mr. Schreiber? I  was in Chapter 4 for a while  and was at Alan's for a few "playdays" myself. Nice truck!   Al  Rhino  

yes, how r you al?  i don't remember meeting u. sorry.  u think shuldts b model could move that d11n?  its only 100 ton….give or take 5 ton.  thanks 4commenting, mike

• Like 1

On Friday, March 24, 2017 at 8:51 PM, PeterMack said:

Been seeing this Superdog floating around from time to time. I think it's from Ringwood. Maybe I'll get a closer shot of it some day.

photos 974.jpg

Saw him in cp couple weeks ago didn't catch where it was out of

• Like 1

I certainly remember those trucks passed them numerous times a big guy with a big beard was always behind the wheel. He was never in a hurry always kept a slow steady pace you can always tell an old school guy who owned the truck he drove by the way they treated it. These guys who own their trucks nowdays beat on it like it was somebody elses a totally different mind set from the old school guys kind of sad really.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ranchhopper said:

I certainly remember those trucks passed them numerous times a big guy with a big beard was always behind the wheel. He was never in a hurry always kept a slow steady pace you can always tell an old school guy who owned the truck he drove by the way they treated it. These guys who own their trucks nowdays beat on it like it was somebody elses a totally different mind set from the old school guys kind of sad really.

Roger had the beard. Went by the handle "whiskers"

• Like 1

On 3/30/2017 at 0:31 PM, mackey58 said:

I liked  them back in 78 I went to.ottawa to look at one at the truck dealers on 80 and rt 71 it had a 420 Cummins  with an air shift 4×4 it was nice 

That would have been an NTA-420,Bill. If I recall they were governed at 2300 rpm's. Cummins  also  built  an NTA-380. Big power at that time!  Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA