Chicago R models

Yea I saw it a few times at Mack then saw it out on 176 for sale. Wonder if it sold or inside for winter . It's missing the air cleaner kinda wierd without it. But it looks like a nice old truck.

When I first saw that truck it was MACK Green & had an 8V-92 Detroit/13speed in it.He had N.I. Mack put a 350 Mack in it,re-skin the cab & switchout camelback for air ride then switched to taper leaf,or something like that.Yeah,that missing air cleaner was a Roadway spec.They mounted an under hood air cleaner on their trucks too,at one time.Different!

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

That was a different truck.Late east coast R 700.Sat up high like your RS.Not too many around here like that! Brad looked at it up close.I never did (no money-didn't want to waste his time kickin' tires-LOL!!).Hope it didn't go for a boat ride!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Yea I saw it a few times at Mack then saw it out on 176 for sale. Wonder if it sold or inside for winter . It's missing the air cleaner kinda wierd without it. But it looks like a nice old truck.

I looked at it last spring. At that time he was asking $15K. EM-7 300 mechanical, fuller 13 sp, mack rears, mack air ride. Nice set up. Didnt have a phone number on his for sale sign, but i didnt consider that an issue because I know guys, that know that guy. -Brad

Just had a 300 in it? OK. Oh,it ended up with air ride,then.I know he tried taperleaf after the camelback.He had bought a new CH years back.But was dissapointed with it and opted to rebuild the old R-700.He must have sunk some money in it,he dropped it off at MACK and told them to restore it! That could hurt!

Chicago R model of the day...attachicon.gif11 (2).jpg Lindahl Inc.

Brother just wanted to thank you for this continuing Mack of the day that you do. I look forward to it everyday. It would be nice to have one for NJ, NY and Mass-CT as well. I took some pics on my I-phone at the risk of sounding like a complete computer idiot how could i share them

• Like 2

Local 282 Union Service

bottom of screen....."REPLY TO THIS TOPIC" THEN LOOK AT THE BOTTOM RIGHT..."MORE REPLY OPTIONS" CLICK THAT . bottom left of screen it says "attach files" next to that click Browse. find and click on the file you want to upload from the computer, "then click attach this file"

you should see a small pic/file size if it uploaded.

hope this helps

Brother just wanted to thank you for this continuing Mack of the day that you do. I look forward to it everyday. It would be nice to have one for NJ, NY and Mass-CT as well. I took some pics on my I-phone at the risk of sounding like a complete computer idiot how could i share them

You can't be any more of an idiot than I am. I used to drop my phone in the mail with a list of addresses so each person could forward it to the next. It was the early days of photo sharing.

• Like 1

Jim

You are most welcome,mackman1965! I started out being "computer illiterate",but my kids coached me through it! The trucks I post, are trucks I either worked around or with in my short career(1986-2000) as an owner/operator in the N. Illinois gravel belt. A great bunch of people that made a good living providing sand & gravel for Chicago area building/road projects! These pure,wholesome Americans,are being shortchanged by the very land they helped to better(many times at their expense).Nobody cares about the pride they have in doing a good job,providing for their families,and making an honest living! All the companies look at is the bottom line(more now than ever),and their government is no help either.I dedicate this thread to all of the good people trying to make a go of it in this business! :notworthy::clap::twothumbsup:

• Like 2

You are most welcome,mackman1965! I started out being "computer illiterate",but my kids coached me through it! The trucks I post, are trucks I either worked around or with in my short career(1986-2000) as an owner/operator in the N. Illinois gravel belt. A great bunch of people that made a good living providing sand & gravel for Chicago area building/road projects! These pure,wholesome Americans,are being shortchanged by the very land they helped to better(many times at their expense).Nobody cares about the pride they have in doing a good job,providing for their families,and making an honest living! All the companies look at is the bottom line(more now than ever),and their government is no help either.I dedicate this thread to all of the good people trying to make a go of it in this business! :notworthy::clap::twothumbsup:
Amen, my friend!

Jake

Good man for remembering the men behind these truck. My interests a are sand & gravel and roll offs for the same reasons as yours thats what i drove for the better part of 20 years. Thanks to all who offered me help with posting pictures. I think to make it real easy i will take my I pad with me and take pictures with that and upload directly to the BMT site, Wow kind of sounds like I know what Im doing

• Like 1

Local 282 Union Service

That's a really sharp truck!

87 RD 686SX

07 CL-733

06 Granite CV-713

"Old Macks never die, just get new generations of drivers"

That's a really sharp truck!

R. Jones keeps his equipment SHINY all the time! The stuff looks like its going to a show everyday! You can shave in those fuel tanks! Spotless!

• Like 2

R. Jones keeps his equipment SHINY all the time! The stuff looks like its going to a show everyday! You can shave in those fuel tanks! Spotless!

A clean truck is a happy truck! LOL!.....................................Mark

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

amen!! 57bcr the pits and companies dont want good drivers just bodies in a truck.we had aguy in a harrys truck back into a sewer ditch and it was 4foot wide!! and im sitting home!! loli miss the old days

I hear ya,Mackey!

Good man for remembering the men behind these truck. My interests a are sand & gravel and roll offs for the same reasons as yours thats what i drove for the better part of 20 years. Thanks to all who offered me help with posting pictures. I think to make it real easy i will take my I pad with me and take pictures with that and upload directly to the BMT site, Wow kind of sounds like I know what Im doing

I agree. It's nice that you are able to give the drivers the same well deserved recognition as the trucks.

Jim

I love all these old R model pics. Thanks alot for posting them.. There's still quite a few left running around here, but sadly none are near as photogenic as the ones y'all have been posting. I don't know what it is, but trucks don't seem to get taken care of down here in the South near as well as you guys in the Midwest and North do, with a few exceptions, of course. It looks like the drivers and the owners of the trucks you have pics of truly took pride in what they did for a living. I've been driving and running equipment for a living for about ten years now, and I've seen a huge difference in the average truck driver's attitude and performance in that short period of time. 9 out of 10 drivers I know are just there for a paycheck. They don't care what they tear up, if the truck is clean or in good condition. Not to be a downer, but it really saddens me to think what the next generation is going to be like. I'm afraid all of us Mack guys are a dying breed. At least we've got Vinny to carry the torch! LOL

• Like 2

Jake