Chicago R models

On July 17, 2016 at 9:35 AM, PeterMack said:

A friend passed these along to me the other day. He saw them all lined up at Ritche bros. in Morris. If I had to guess they are all going for a boat ride. Not sure where the big blue six wheeler is headed.

bmt1.jpg

bmt2.jpg

bmt3.jpg

bmt4.jpg

bmt5.jpg

I spent Monday night at the Flying J in Lake Station In and I saw the Ch and r models parked there and on Thursday I was headed out to Portage In and saw both sets headed east on In toll road. 

On 7/22/2016 at 9:29 PM, keg1 said:

I spent Monday night at the Flying J in Lake Station In and I saw the Ch and r models parked there and on Thursday I was headed out to Portage In and saw both sets headed east on In toll road. 

I must have just missed you at the Flying J. I rolled in there around 9 A.M. Wed morning and both sets of piggybacked R models were still parked over by the truck wash. they did not look all that bad but I did notice a huge oil leak on one.

On 7/26/2016 at 5:38 PM, PeterMack said:

Saw this long R model sitting in Crystal Lake. I'm thinking yank the flatbed off and put a fifth wheel on it and have an extra long WB R-model.....just saying, might be cool.

photos 858.jpg

Looks  like an Oakville ,Ont. built  Bulldog  to boot! Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Been running  one of the haul trucks  for  a couple days ain't bad no traffic clowns to content  with got about 5700 cu yards to haul  for a rail spur might be the rest of the week .then  maybe ca6 for the new farm and fleet in romeville getting the floor ready

• Like 1

Oh yea and I never can get a pic but Lucas paving gas a nice red rd aND a white and red rd late to early 2000 model.well after being  in the  haul truck since last Friday and getting  all the oils and codes out .now I m back in the 6 wheeler  and tag and them the RD .they could figure out why the trans light was flashing after I put 6 GALLONS of oil in it it quite  it holds 11 geeze .

Occasionally I like to showcase some of the junk that is running around our area. These trucks caught my eye in the last couple months. I'm sure the drivers on this forum will spot the issues these guys were having. Can't believe these guys don't get stopped.

Junk1.jpg

Junk2.jpg

Junk3.jpg

Junk4.jpg

Junk5.jpg

Junk6.jpg

Junk7.jpg

• Like 1

That's just the tip of the ice berg.yourself just like me see a TON  of shit trucks tailgates leaking spread pans full of stone or clay.  Mostly the new breed of dba  mbe rate cutting clowns  we gotta be on the roads  with. I personally love the ones who letter the name on the door with a sharpe marker.class act.the new breed  the pits love well gotta do my walk around  and make sure  everything  works so I can get stopped for a license plate out:angry:

• Like 2

Nothing against women's business entity I know a couple they have good equipment  and keep it mantained.I'm talking  about the ones who go brandon rd with a 13 6 when it's marked 12 1.lots of fairing and trailer parts around  it if you guys need any

Well my RD is slow to get going  and I'm hourly but I like to go  .I think they don't know how to shift come up the hill at conco in aurora on rt25 in the oh boy.I try to get as much done as I can with my truck and yet it's not enough  but they don't say anything when I get more in the job than those so of the border guys 

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 2:03 AM, PeterMack said:

Saw this R-model about a month ago at 47th st and Central ave in Forest View/Chicago. Old school. Could have taken that picture 30 years ago and it probably would have looked about the same.

photos 866.jpg

photos 865.jpg

photos 867.jpg

Now on Ebay!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Mack-R-/282134834712?forcerrptr=true&hash=item41b08bee18:g:iu0AAOSwV0RXr2kz&item=282134834712

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 5:41 AM, mackey58 said:

Btw hey ranchhopper  how's the new ride

Truck is a pleasure to be in air works good and it rides nice its a little slow on the take off but I'm happy with it I get a lot of compliments on it as I see people I know.