Chicago R models

On 3/16/2016 at 8:48 PM, PeterMack said:

On 4/30/2016 at 0:38 PM, ranchhopper said:

I don't  know , Kevin . I think this was has Western  tanks on it.     Al  

D4162-1.jpeg

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

On 3/16/2016 at 8:48 PM, PeterMack said:
On 4/30/2016 at 0:38 PM, ranchhopper said:

Yes sir,but it is an Allentown  R. The Roadway spec R's(eastern ) also used the same fuel  tank  set up.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

The difference is mack western used a tank bracket that held the tank closer to the frame that's how they were able to use external steps. The truck I want to put a tank on has a long air tank on the drivers side and need to use the eastern style tank brackets that hold the tank further from the frame to hold the fuel tank away from the air tank so I need a 100 gallon tank with the step inset into the tank. You can use the western style tank on any R model as long as there isn't that long air tank on the drivers side because it hangs past the frame not allowing the western style fuel tank enough clearance to miss the air tank.

Edited by ranchhopper

I don't know any of this to be correct it just from reading so I could easily be confused.     Didn't the western trucks have straight frame rails, where the eastern ones had rails that flared out in the front? Would there be different tank brackets to compensate for the flare of the frame so the tanks would be straight?  

Think I asked this before dI'd the 91 r and rd come with an e7 electronic. In the truck paper is a 91 superliner snd it's got an e7 400 and the cruise control switches in the dash thought the electronic  cams out later

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:46 AM, mowerman said:

My Western hadda real thick aluminum frame I don't remember if it tapered that's very interesting

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Aluminum frame rails were straight both my Hayward trucks have straight frames the superliner has an aluminum frame with a steel frame section slid into the front from the battery boxes forward.

On 6/12/2016 at 0:55 AM, Hobert62 said:

I don't know any of this to be correct it just from reading so I could easily be confused.     Didn't the western trucks have straight frame rails, where the eastern ones had rails that flared out in the front? Would there be different tank brackets to compensate for the flare of the frame so the tanks would be straight?  

you are correct that the westerns had straight rails nose to tail. not sure on the tank brackets but that makes sence as well as the eastern R model frames did flare out near the firewall

• 2 weeks later...

Got to love Illinois the democrats repay the unions for dumping hoards of cash into their re election campaigns by writing into law any contract over a million dollars cannot be bid non union. So its not a mystery a contract under a million dollars is a pittance now days so jobs are bid tight because of the overbearing labor cost and sometimes they try to slide by not right in my book but it happens Christensen got hammered for it years ago too.

• Like 1

Well we ll all be sitting home cause since there's no buget all state roadwork  has to be buttoned up if it can't be finished by June 30th cause the clowns  can't play well in Springfield and no new roadwork started 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 4:04 AM, mackey58 said:

Well we ll all be sitting home cause since there's no buget all state roadwork  has to be buttoned up if it can't be finished by June 30th cause the clowns  can't play well in Springfield and no new roadwork started 

I had no doubt King Madigan wouldn't let the road projects go unfunded and let his union buddies down you could have bet the farm on it and really raked in the cash. This state is really a sorry example of democrat tax and spend policys if it wasn't as serious as it is one would think its a joke and it just may be the jokes on us.

Edited by ranchhopper
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ranchhopper said:

I had no doubt King Madigan wouldn't let the road projects go unfunded and let his union buddies down you could have bet the farm on it and really raked in the cash. This state is really a sorry example of democrat tax and spend policys if it wasn't as serious as it is one would think its a joke and it just may be the jokes on us.

Agreed! This has to be the worst state in the Union, or top three at least. Don't think I'll be able to retire here, just hope my house is worth something when I leave.