Chicago R models

Those light blue trucks.are two different trucks. The Hendrickson would have a butterfly hood and a R model International style hood. The second truck has a flip hood and Fleetstar style cab.

Mike

Sorry,Mike.Same truck! '71 H-Model Hendrickson.It does have the Fleetstar Cab.Earlier models did have the R series International (Comfo-Vision) cab on them.In '71 Hendrickson was building both styles.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Mark.

Yes, that is a '71 H-model Hendrickson with a 318DD/13 speed in it.Sorry folks,NOT the R model of the day!

That truck is cat powered, I can see it from here. :whistling:

The dual stacks look good behind the Fleetstar cab. I couldn't tell you which months but Hendrickson's have won the TOTM or Runner-up honors a few times in Overdrive. They were all based in the Great Lakes region.

• Like 1

Jim

Interesting. Do you have a better picture of it. I've never seen a Hendrickson with a flip hood. We don't see to many Hendricson's in Pa.

Mike

Not of that particular truck,Mike.However,I do have some more of those Axle Equipment postcards (featuring Hendricksons) which I could start up a new thread with,on the "Brand X" portion of BMT! Just say the word. :twothumbsup: ........Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

That truck is cat powered, I can see it from here. :whistling:

The dual stacks look good behind the Fleetstar cab. I couldn't tell you which months but Hendrickson's have won the TOTM or Runner-up honors a few times in Overdrive. They were all based in the Great Lakes region.

I remember at least one,it was "wrecker of the month" it had "huffin-henry" or something like that painted on the side.......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

As rare as they are, their were two Hendricksons in my little corner of Arkansas. Both were dumps, both were 671 powered with ten speed roadrangers, and both had Fleetstar cabs. I believe they both had the flip over hoods, and the fenders stayed down if I remember correctly. My cousin owned one of them. It had a six foot canadian spread hendrickson bogie and a 17' aluminum bed. He beat the bed off of it in the mid 90's and scrapped it. The other one belonged to a local guy that hauled asphalt. He passed away some years ago, and the truck changed hands several times, ending up at the scrap dealer in town, but they were using it to move stuff around the yard as of a few months ago..

Jake

This is your Chicago area R model of the day..[img=http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=27089'>x11- Think this is an 81 R-model..JPG Commodity Transit[/quot

I believe this truck was an 81' It belonged to a friend of mine that sold it too Commodity. Sad to say, but like many of the companies featured so far in this thread, Commodity Transit was sold and is no longer in business. -Brad

This is your Chicago area R model of the day..[img=http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=27089'>x11- Think this is an 81 R-model..JPG Commodity Transit[/quot

I believe this truck was an 81' It belonged to a friend of mine that sold it too Commodity. Sad to say, but like many of the companies featured so far in this thread, Commodity Transit was sold and is no longer in business. -Brad

I seen the new name on Brians and other trucks down the street from you guys,yesterday,Brad.Sign of the times. :thumbsdown:

I've never seen one like that. They are very rare in Pa. There were 4 or 5 at the aths show in South Bend but all were R model International cars except.for a cabover. I had never seen a cabover Hendrickson before that. I'll have to dig up the pictures. Maybe you should start a New thread though. Thanks. Mike

OK, we'll start a new thread in the "other makes column"! But for now,your Chicago R model of the day goes toattachicon.gif179079_1_160_0001.jpg This one belonged to Rossi Contractors.This picture was right after they gave it a new dress and put 'er on the auction block.Surprized we didn't see it in that video Vinny posted!attachicon.gif179079_1_161_0001.jpg Check out the B's in background.

Damn, to bad all them nice trucks arent nice by now. I think I see a B81 back there too.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Good eye,Vinster! Yep, there is a B-81 back there.They have a few left as water trucks,dump trucks,fuel trucks, and the like.They won't get rid of 'em either.Surprized they let this R-700 low boy truck go.It still kind of rough when you got up close,but these pictures really were flattering!

Good eye,Vinster! Yep, there is a B-81 back there.They have a few left as water trucks,dump trucks,fuel trucks, and the like.They won't get rid of 'em either.Surprized they let this R-700 low boy truck go.It still kind of rough when you got up close,but these pictures really were flattering!

Yup, I see they did a quickie paint job. Red on the tires, no emblems, and gray on the half dogs. What did this have under the hood? 318 DD?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Grey paint covers like crazy!

• Like 1

Al... Do you know who has the blue R700 with twin stacks. He had it parked up for sale in front of a house on 176 near prairie grove? I went past it looking to get a shot of it and sadly did not see it on my way back from brads last week.

Yes,that is Jim Drake.I know he was asking like 12K for it at one time.