Chicago R models

On 6/1/2016 at 8:55 PM, PeterMack said:

One of Greco's "newer" R models.

photos 816.jpg

photos 817.jpg

When they had their RS700L's for sale about 10 years ago I stopped in to look at them. In the shop they had a 2 or 3 new mid 80s R models just sitting on jack stands waiting for work or to replace a crashed truck. I for get the mileage but it was very very low. Their RS700L's went to a exporter

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lmackattack said:

When they had their RS700L's for sale about 10 years ago I stopped in to look at them. In the shop they had a 2 or 3 new mid 80s R models just sitting on jack stands waiting for work or to replace a crashed truck. I for get the mileage but it was very very low. Their RS700L's went to a exporter

I remember those RS's for sale a couple years back. They looked to be in decent shape from what I remember. They're doing hard time somewhere warm now, I can bet.

Saw a nice red r model for the second time now coming out of nmlk mill in Portage In gets on 94 headed towards Chicago. I think the name on it is Moller or something like that . It's pulling a steel dump was wondering if anyone knows it. Sharp truck.

14 hours ago, sas454 said:

Still got your truck? Or driving for Johler full time?

My uncle has the red/silver truck. A guy named Jim drives it now. Jim used to have a silver 359 and hauled for Meyers for many years with it. I'll be in the red/black one full time now. My buddy that used to drive it decided he wanted a career change, so he became a Lake County Sheriff. I'm also friends with the owner, so I went over there just to help out in the winter and it just kinda became permanent. So odds are if you see it rolling around its me 99% of the time, or the owner. Still have my blue Pete and B model though.

12 hours ago, keg1 said:

Saw a nice red r model for the second time now coming out of nmlk mill in Portage In gets on 94 headed towards Chicago. I think the name on it is Moller or something like that . It's pulling a steel dump was wondering if anyone knows it. Sharp truck.

Maybe this truck? Macknutt (Mike) took this picture and posted it on this thread a couple months ago.

post-173-0-86702300-1448007637.jpg

On 6/4/2016 at 3:33 PM, PeterMack said:

I remember those RS's for sale a couple years back. They looked to be in decent shape from what I remember. They're doing hard time somewhere warm now, I can bet.

I have pics of them stored somewhere. They were V8 macks with 2 stick 6 speeds. I remember both trucks had issues in the floor where the rear cab mounts to the frame cross members. there were not air ride cabs and with that short wheelbase and spring ride it looks like Chicago roads gave them a beating. the floors had a upward hump in them. Not sure why but I have only seen that damage to the floors on the western R models?

11 hours ago, PeterMack said:

Maybe this truck? Macknutt (Mike) took this picture and posted it on this thread a couple months ago.

post-173-0-86702300-1448007637.jpg

I think that's it . It's been shined up and looking good both times I saw it. Thanks.