Chicago R models

they still had the superliner in the shop at the end, I dont think it ever made it real far away after the auction. I saw it a couple years ago in the industrial park right behind the old shop.  should have bought it at the auction...i think it went for $11k

6 hours ago, mackey58 said:

Hey ranchhopper  no matter  where they going there  working lol

Yes they work year round Im kind of on the fence about year around work though its nice to have a couple months off for a rest though. I usually get laid off just after thanksgiving this year they worked me until the second week of January. I hear Im going to be called back in a week or so looks like vacation time may be over but Im ready to go back I have finished up my winter projects.

Yea I'm still off they're "bidding agressivly" what  ever the hell that means only one job on the board. I thought  ruffolo s lowboy  was red white and black maybe that was the pete.besides I couldn't have a bigger dog than the #1 driver I ll have to enjoy my BIG 300 7 speed  rd lol .yea hope we roll soon

2 minutes ago, PeterMack said:

Here are a few pictures from my travels this week. Saw an RD conveyor that belongs to Aldridge Electric. Saw the Heneghan Wrecking Granite at General, and got a quick pic of a Superliner on the scale. I've seen the Superliner before, it pulls a green 39ft dump, but I can never get a good picture of it. Also saw the Windy City Brick Mack Granite picking up old bricks from a wrecked building. They had a crew of guys hand stacking all the bricks onto pallets and the guy in the Mack came by and picked the pallets up. I'm assuming they reuse, or resell the bricks. Also took a shot of Ozinga's Chinatown yard while I was sitting in traffic. No Macks there, but I though the picture turned out nice.

photos 681.jpg

photos 682.jpg

photos 685.jpg

photos 686.jpg

photos 683.jpg

Those common brick bring big money I sold 10,000 of them to aucutts in Montgomery a few years ago for big bucks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ranchhopper said:

Those common brick bring big money I sold 10,000 of them to aucutts in Montgomery a few years ago for big bucks.

We haul a lot of recycled "commons" brick.  We've hauling off a demo job in South Bend IN for the last couple of weeks.  

On 3/12/2016 at 6:34 PM, ranchhopper said:

I think the oldest common brick I picked were from the old piano factory in saint Charles when they leveled it they had the finger marks baked into them from the workers who picked them from the molds still semi pliable.

I remember going to the piano factory mall as a kid. What a disappointment that place was. About three stores and a vending machine.

Still working in the concrete yard I think the gravel crew are going to start back to hauling Monday. There is a good side to working in the crushing yard though I did manage to save three of these little beauties that came in with a load of concrete. They are really ornate they weigh about 40 pounds each they are scroll designs on the sides not pictured. You can see all the intricate carving work that was in the hand made wooden molds these were cast from. Last year I saved some five foot sticks of rail iron dated 1884 nothing ever ran on them except steam locomotives kind of cool to think about. I saved enough new pavers that came in one day two years ago to hire a guy to build me two patios and sidewalks around the entire house and one to the shop. 

tn.jpg

• Like 2