Chicago R models

And your Chicago R model of the day goes to...attachicon.gifThis is Dad's R-Model Mack he drove for Plote Excavating..jpg..Plote Excavating...... Mike Dhamer was the driver of this one.

There's a Brian Dhamer who has lots o' pics of Chicago dumps (and plenty of other trucks) on Hank's site. Can I assume they know one another?

Jim

Thats a sharp paint job!....................................Mark

Yes it is,Mark.I also like the 1970 MACK Patriotic paint scheme.Sometime I wish I would have painted the BCR that way.

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Yes it is,Mark.I also like the 1970 MACK Patriotic paint scheme.Sometime I wish I would have painted the BCR that way.

I always liked the stars & stripes too,but i don't think i ever saw one in person............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

And your Chicago (or Chicagah) R model of the day belongs to...[img=http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif] Marina Cartage.jpg Marina Cartage

They are still an all Mack fleet. Besides intermodal, they also do a lot of garbage transfers. Another outfit that ran a lot of Macks hauling garbage was Barbara (sp?). They ran a lot of R-models. Orange with yellow and white stripes. I haven't seen them in years. Can't forget Carrey Transit, my Dad had bought some of their used trucks. They run Volos and IHs now. When I was a kid it was an awesome experience to go to Chicago Mack with Dad to look at trucks. The big fleets would trade in 20 plus trucks at a time. It would take the better part of the day to go through them to find one that wasn't all molested. It was always amazing to see how f@cked up a truck could be, after only a few years in the wrong hands. - Brad

Your Chicago area R model(s) of the day belongs to...post-510-0-15884900-1358431808_thumb.jpgpost-510-0-83666200-1358431840_thumb.jpg Greco Contractors.These 2 were for sale 4-5 years ago.Price was $12,500 a piece.They were in decent shape.One had 147,000 miles on it the other had racked up a whopping 250,000 miles!..They had bought 'em new.Think they were '75's or '76's.

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

hey how about greco construction and rossi they were mack i think too.at one time boughton material had old b81 from greco they unded in the pit to move the cruchers aroun "downstairs'i know its not a r but it was awesome!!a guy in kankakee has a sweet r model for sale in the truck paper 85new clutch and engine gone thru its a 300.tryin to talk my bossinto buyin it for pullin the dump.my wife asked me why i love those r models so much nad i said they were like her built heavy dutyso you know THAT went ovr well LOL

• Like 1